Chapter 25 ~ Alpha and Omega

• Dedicated to yani and shai :)

The second auditions came. I was sad that I was not there to watch my two friends perform. My mom and I went to my father's office to celebrate a little indoor party. It was a boring night of long gowns, expensive perfumes and strong wine I was not even allowed to drink. But above all those, I was glad I had Marvin's arm beside me with his coat and necktie.

"How was the audition?" I asked them. My name was written in the first lists, but I skipped the second audition. It was not for me seriously.

"Fine, but we still had wanted to see you there." Aly folded her arms and avoided my look. Liam was not looking at me either. They were mad that I skipped my chance to be there in the play.

The school garden was packed because the air condition system inside the school broke down. "I'm sorry, guys. I'm sorry. I think I am not for that really. It's not for me."

Aly finally turned at my direction. "But you passed the first audition! You might pass the second one."

"I had to go to my Dad's party." I reasoned, although I could skip that and choose to go to the audition instead. "Besides, I'm fine with the one-time experience to sing on-stage."

Liam twitched his lips. "We hate you for now, Ella Gomez."

"Okay, guys, I -" I sighed and stood from the rock bench. "Just talk to me when it's over."

I went in the school and sat in the cafeteria to eat alone. I thought Liam would follow me but he did not. "Is this seat taken?" Marvin held the edge of the table and waited for my permission.

I smiled at him, drank my juice, and pointed to the seat in front of me. "That is actually reserved for my beloved boyfriend."

His plain white shirt and black pants seemed to glow. It was how you see someone you love, right? They would glow still everytime your eyes landed on them. He sat down. "Well, that lucky guy just arrived."

"Hi," I said.

"Why are you alone?"

I shook my head. "My friends were mad that I didn't go to the second audition."

"You should have," he said.

"I think it isn't for me. If ever I got the role, I still think I didn't deserve it."

He placed his hands on the table and leaned to get my hands. He pulled it and we stayed like that. "God has a way to make us realize we deserve everything we have." He squeezed my hand.

A senior passed by table and looked at my hand on the table. Instead of removing my hold, which Marvin was about to do, I tightened my grip.

"Hey," I said and smiled at her. She smiled back and simply walked off.

He brushed the side of my hands using his thumbs. "How's our story?"

"Exam's over so... I can create few more chapters."

"I want to know the ending." His eyes twinkled.

The ending? I enjoyed writing it. I enjoyed being with him in every chapters, in every events. Thinking about the ending seemed impossible. I wanted to make it infinite... but all things had endings. I wanted to believe in forever. Everyone seemed to be so into finding the answer to that question: Do you believe in forever?

"Divine Providence, Ella." I knitted my brows at the mention of a term in my Values class. Marvin smiled, showing his dimples. "All things have endings, but not all leads to destruction."

Someone covered my eyes. "Hey!" I protested.

"Hi, Ella." A girl's voice trying to sound low.

"Who are you?" I struggled to remove the hands in my face.