Chapter 10 ~ What Matters

I couldn't hide my happiness. I was getting used to see him first thing every morning.

"Good morning." He was showing his dimples again.

I glanced at my clock, it was quarter to five. "It's early. I want to spend more time with you."

"Continue our love story, then." He suggested.

"You mean our novel?"

"Yes, I want to experience more unforgettable moments with you."

I reached for my laptop on the desk at the bottom of my bed. "What do you want me to write about?" I opened it and sat beside him around his arms while leaning on the bedframe.

"Anything. Surprise me. Love likes surprises, right?" He moved me closer to him as I felt his warmth.

So I continued writing about him, about us, stopping whenever I needed to ask him things. Like where did he like to go next, where to spend our best summers, and almost non-sense things.

"Books or eBooks?

"Books."

"Coke or Pepsi?"

He laughed. "Are you really going to ask that?"

"Just answer it. I need to know."

"Sarsi."

"Lays or Pringles?"

"Lays."

"Beach or pool?"

"Beach."

We laughed as I wrote so many things. I wrote them using my fantasy, but I was happy. It was like I was really there with him wherever we were going. I hoped it wouldn't stick in my imagination and only there.

Om exactly 6:00, my alarm clock rang, it startled us just like the microwave before.

"You need to go to school, let's continue this later."

I lazily closed my laptop and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth, a towel on my shoulder. "You know, I can skip school today. No special activities."

He shook his head. "You don't need to. I will come with you."

"Seriously? Again?"

He smiled and nodded. "I can wait here outside while you're taking a bath."

"No, I want you to be here. There is a divider so I won't mind."

I went inside the shower and closed the divider. I talked about Liam, how we met, how we spent time, and also, I told him more about my classmates and friends. I also mentioned Beth who has a crush on Liam. He He asked follow up questions. He was interested and listening to my babbling in the shower. I stopped because I feel tired talking too much and concentrated to finish my shower.

Liam... huh. We hadn't had so much time after I told him (indirectly) about Marvin. He said he had band jamming but when I asked his bandmates, there was none. I was worried for him.

I dried myself and wore my school clothes on. When I got out, he was standing in front of the sink. I could feel him concentrating because his brows were knitted. He was trying to hold the toothbrush in the toothbrush holder over the counter. He was focusing so much he did not seem to notice I was done and watching him. He failed to grab it. His hand just passed through it like air. He slightly shook his head, disappointed and sad; he looked at the ground and closed his eyes.

I went near him and hugged him. "It's fine."

"You saw it?" He faced me.

I nodded, sadly.

"I'm trying my best to feel anything, I can't."

"But you can feel this, don't you?" I touched his face, my thumb rested on his lips

I bit my lower lip. I never kissed him, or anyone, not in the novel, not here, that made me crave more. "I can sacrifice all the things I can sense, just for this." He was taller than me; I needed to tip-toe to let my lips meet his. I kissed him. He kissed back. We stayed like that for what seemed like forever. We created infinity in this short while. A forever and infinity all in several heartbeats. Seconds that were full of ellipses-no letters, no words needed.

We pulled back, almost breathless. Our foreheads touched together with our nose-bridges. He whispered, "You're right. I wouldn't trade this for the world. This can be one great chapter."

I chuckled, "I am so eager to write this down."

I looked at the mirror beside us. I could not see his reflection. It was only mine. He looked at it too and frowned. I held his head and forced him to face me. "It doesn't matter. This is what matters." I kissed him again, "That matters."