Chapter 6 ~ Our First Date

I planned a weekend day-off with my friends. Liam could not come because it would be all-girls. I realized that as we grew older, we spent fewer times than what we used to. I could not blame him. We did things differently since he was a guy and I was a gal.

Girls usually have slumber parties and shopping, while they usually play video games and computer games. We understood that. I was just afraid that someday we would totally lose time for each other.

We were going to the mall with Aly, Beth, and Nica. Nica, the sister of Aly, was three years older than us so she had license for driving already.

Marvin was sitting beside me. Clearly, they could not see him.

"Want to watch a movie?" Aly asked us.

"I don't know what's hot this week," I replied. Lost track of new movies ever since I loved writing.

"What are we going to do, then?"

"We can buy outfits for the annual school dance next next week," Nica suggested. She was older than any of us but I was an inch or two taller than her. Despite that, she could still handle herself taller because of her fashion model attributes: long brown hair and fair skin.

"Do you have dates?" Beth asked, she was a bit chubby and cute in a pretty way. "I am still looking for one."

"Not yet. I am waiting for my crush to ask me." Nica laughed and parked the car inside the parking lot.

"I will take Sean." Aly mentioned her boyfriend. "What about you, Ella? Are you going to be with your best friend?"

"I think I will have someone for a change." I looked at Marvin and smiled. He was smiling back as he squeezed my hand. For them, I was just smiling at the empty space between Beth and me. Aly was sitting beside the Nica in front; Beth and I at the back.

"Who?" Nica leaned backward to sneer at me.

I laughed. "I'm just kidding. I still don't know."

"Arg. I hate you, El! Come on, girls, let's just go inside." We were all laughing as we entered the mall. Marvin's hand was still entwined with mine. I loved this feeling. If this was another dream or imagination, I never wanted to wake up.

I let them walk few more steps ahead. When I was sure they couldn't hear me, I talked to Marvin, lowering my voice because someone might think I was going nuts. "They can't see nor hear you."

"I guess."

"But I can. Why?"

He thought about it. "Love can do special things. Love can break the law."

"What law?" I asked, puzzled.

"The law states reality is only for reality. Our love is so strong we can break that law. We already did, because I am here with you. As long as you're writing our story, I'll be here for you."

"What will happen if I finished the story?" I frowned, afraid of losing him.

"Ella, what are you doing?" Aly walked near me and placed her arm around mine. That separated me and Marvin. He went to my left side and kept up with us, leaving the question unanswered.

We entered a boutique; the walls were carved with spiral and floral designs. Every side of the room was filled with the girly combination of pink, white and black. Also, there were so many shelves and racks filled with clothes, shoes, and accessories.

Nica, Aly, and Beth started searching for the outfit that would suit them.

I got two dresses from the rack, "What do you think?" I asked Marvin.