Chapter 7 ~ I Have a Boyfriend

The next morning, he fulfilled his promise. He was there when I woke up. I was still in the same position as last night. I caught him smiling and staring at me. I adjusted myself.

"I love you." He told me.

"I love you too," I replied.

I jumped up and opened my window curtain. The sun was rising. I grabbed his hand and we ran to the rooftop third floor of our house. It was open and high enough to see the sun peeking behind the beautiful mountains far from here, welcoming the new day.

"The sun is rising, it is our first together. I promise you more."

"I want more and more," I said.

"Sunrises, sunsets, full moons, new moons. As long as I'm with you," he said. "As much as I can."

~

I went to school with Marvin. I was use to him holding my hands all the time. I was debating whether or not to tell Liam about him.

"How are you now?" Liam asked me, he sat in front of me in the lunch table.

"Fine." I smiled, I was still elated of what happened this morning.

"Where's the sad 'I-need-someone-to-talk-to' drama last night?"

I laughed. "Forget about that."

"No, I can't forget about that because it was you who called me then you who hung the call without even saying goodbye."

"Sorry, I was just lonely."

He waited for me to elaborate. When nothing came, he said with fake stab in the heart, "You're really not telling me, aren't you?"

I shook my head. "I will think about it." I looked at Marvin who was sitting beside me.

"No secrets!"

"Who are you going to take with in the dance?" I abruptly changed the topic, like what I always did when I did not want to talk about something. I never kept secrets from him as much as I could, including now.

"I know you're changing topic." He shifted and shook his head in disbelief, "What about you?"

"I don't know. You should ask the girl you're telling me. The one you like—Ana? Kate?"

He paused, "I can't."

"Why?"

"Both might reject me."

"You? Who will reject you? When you joined the band, you are the lead singer and base! Almost everyone in school was cheering for you including little girls and gays."

He smiled sadly. "You don't know who she is. Once you do, you'll understand why."

"Why can't you tell me?" I raised my brow.

"Because you might think I am right that she will just reject me."

"How will you know if you won't tell me? I might ship you both instead."

He just shook his head again, we continued to eat fried chicken and pasta.

"I have something to tell you," I started again.

"Yeah?"

"Promise me you won't think I am crazy."

"I will try my best not to."

"Uhh," I hesitated.

"What? Okay, I promise I won't."

"I have a..." I hesitated once more.

"You have a boyfriend," he finished for me and frowned. He knew me well I couldn't really hide things from him even for a day. He continued dividing his chicken, "What made you crazy about that?"

"Nothing. I just think it's crazy to love someone. Sorry I did not tell you." Because he is fictional. I wanted to add.

He looked up at me from his lunch plate. "Are you sure it's a real girlfriend-boyfriend relationship? You haven't told me any stories of other guys flirting or courting you?"

"Sorry, Liam. It's so sudden... I mean, everything is not just an impulse, I'm sure—very sure—that he loves me and I love him. It's just... so... so complicated." I tried to explain him.

He merely nodded. I knew he was hurt that I did not tell him sooner.

"Li-li, sorry. I really planned to tell you first. You're the first one who knows." I tugged his arm.

"Well, not so soon. You did not even tell me you're getting there!" He shook his head again. "He is the reason why you're crying last night?"

"Yes, sort of." I rested my hand on Marvin's lap, he was still here. Thank, God. He putted his hand over mine.

"That made you crazy! I mean, how can you love someone who is breaking your heart?"

"He isn't actually breaking my heart. I just... I just think we aren't for each other. But I love him. I really do. The world gives the complication."

I was waiting for more lectures from my best friend, but instead I got one silent answer. "I understand you."

"I know you will. You always do."