Chapter 32 ~ Break a Leg

"I would gladly help you if I could."

I had to carry a box of some costumes from our third floor team room towards the Organization Room 7 in the fifth floor. Marvin accompanied me that's why I couldn't feel much trouble. "Just continue talking, lessens the weight of this box." I said as I turned to the corner of the stairs. It wasn't really heavy, just some scraps of clothes and small props.

"I can actually carry that simply with my thumb," he said while flaunting his thumb.

"Oh, really?" I said and laughed.

But the moment was ruined when Candice shoved her way pass me. She was also carrying a box, but it was the smallest compared to all boxes we had to carry. "Hurry up! Are you losing your mind and talking to yourself?"

Thankfully, I had placed my wireless earphone before leaving the Props and Costume room. I didn't owe her any explanations but her smirk made me able to carry the box with one hand to reveal the ear behind my hair and show her the earphone. She just rolled her eyes and walked forward. The gesture I made took a bit more of my effort that's why I had to stop on one step of the stairs and regain the position of the box on my arms. "Need help?" Marc emerged from the previous floor, he was carrying a larger box than mine.

"Oh, no, no!" I said, feeling guilty that my box was nothing compared to his.

"Come on, it's nothing, Ella." He grabbed the edge of my box but I still refused and continued walking until we reached the fourth floor. He still tried to take the box from me but at one point I accidentally tore the bottom part of the box. I almost had a sprain by trying to stop it but the things fell, luckily, the props dropped on top of the costumes, the fabric prevented them to break. We stood there staring at the fallen things for a moment until he apologized. "I'm sorry, Ella!"

I leaned down to pick up the box and tried to mend it. "If Candice sees us, she might kill us." Then we just laughed while picking the things up, making sure everything was all right.

"Don't mind her, you got me. I know her secrets." He winked and eventually carried my box. I tried to get it again but he did not let me have it. "If you just gave it to me earlier." He shook his head but then showed his grin.

As we walked towards the fifth floor, I stopped doubting he could carry those boxes at the same time. He was walking few paces above me and I saw the veins of his arm popping out of his muscles, that maybe the result of his sport workouts.

"Ella!" Aly caught me in a hug. "Are you staying until the afternoon for our grand rehearsal?" I still couldn't believe that the play would be two days from now. Time flew so fast and I was so proud about the whole club.

"I forgot it would be today already! But yes I want to watch it." We walked towards the organization room. "Where's Liam?" I asked.

Aly rolled her eyes. "Probably talking to his mysterious lover. I still can't catch who it is." There was a buzz and she took her phone. "Anyway, here comes my lover. See you later!" She went to the corner and blew me a kiss before answering the call.

I hadn't completely opened the door of the Organization Room, when I wished I could close it again. Candice's voice was booming on the other side. The moment I opened the door felt like the only time when the voice escaped the room, like pressure finally released in a not-so-calm manner. She was saying something about a costume and something. I went to Marc who was sitting beside the box he brought in, only it was already opened and the contents were distributed.

"What happened there?" I gestured to Candice who was still arguing with a guy with too fit military costume.

"The usual," Marc slouched on the sofa like he was seeing the scene every day and very tired of it. "The mitary guy gained weight since the first time the group assigned for minor roles took his measurements."