Chapter 19 ~ Celebrity Lunch

Mom was working on a television show. She was the executive producer. I had no plans this holiday, so I came with her to the set. "Goodmorning, this is my daughter, Ella." She introduced me to her co-workers. "Ella, these are Anica and Richard" They were about the same age as my mother. Anica was the stage and floor director while Richard was in charge of the props and lighting. They were both decent looking and formal.

Mom strolled with me through the rows of black folding chairs in the far end of the studio. It was dark, only the set in the middle of the room was brightly lit. "I will leave you here for a while, Ella. Go to me if you need anything." It had been a long time since I went to her work; it usually bored me except when I got to talk to famous people.

I smiled and waved goodbye as I picked my chair, the last on the second row. I was glad that once I opened my phone, I saw a text from Liam.

Liam: Hey!

Ella: Whats up?

We texted for a while about the coming events in school like the sports intramurals and exams. I also told him where I was. He always got excited whenever I went with mom, knowing I could meet some of his celebrity crushes and idols. When he needed to go, I just played some games in my phone. Later on, I decided to simply continue my novel on my phone app.

Hmm, Marvin.

"You're flattering me," Marvin said, sitting beside me.

"I'm not. I just wrote how much I truly love you." I smiled innocently.

"Okay. Write how much I love you more."

"Don't you wanna play hard to get?"

He smirked, "Whatever you want, Ella."

"Then you tickled me and I tickled you back." He tried to tickle me but I caught his arm. "No, no, Marvin, only in the novel, not here." His laugh made me laugh.

"Having a fun time, eh?" I looked up and see Jamie Mendoza. He was good looking, handsome even, with his dark black hair, beautiful face, and built body. He was famous and known for his singing talent and how he gave so many efforts in musical plays. I blushed because he just caught me talking to Marvin — saw me talking to myself.

"Sorry, sorry, I didn't mean to intrude." He might have realized my struck.

"No, I was just talking to someone." I showed him my phone and acted I pressed the end call, but I just clicked the home button.

"Am I disturbing you?" he asked.

"Kinda," but then I shook my head, "Not really."

He took the seat beside mine. I was about to protest that Marvin was there but Marvin disappeared already. Jamie was still talking when I look back at him, but I hardly heard what he said. "Hey?"

"Sorry, what was that?" I asked, dumb folded.

He grinned, "I said your mother told me you're here. You must know me already but I take this time to introduce myself; I am Jamie Mendoza."

I took his stretched hand and felt his warm palm against mine. I felt embarrassed because mine was probably sweaty. I smiled, "Who doesn't know Jamie Mendoza?"

"People who doesn't care?" He shrugged and we awkwardly withdrew our hands.

"Even those who did not care cared for not caring," I said and instantly felt shy afterwards, he might think I was weird. I was feeling weird now for feeling weird infront of him. "By the way, I know you don't know me and you might not mind knowing me, but I am Ella Gomez. I hope you don't mind me being here in your taping."