Chapter 23 ~ Perceptions

The audition was a great memory to repeat over and over. To sing on stage and know people were listening, either they did not have any other choice but to listen or go out the room, was a once in a lifetime experience for me. It did not matter if I was really caught off-guard. I enjoyed it, so was Liam. "Win or lose, it was a great experience to keep," Liam said as we watch the video Aly took for the tenth time already.

We were not aware she took a video of us while on stage until she showed it to us the following day. "When will we know who get the roles?" I asked.

Liam paused the player and gave the phone back to its owner. "As said in the form, that was the first audition. Few will be chosen to qualify for the second round."

"It is like an elimination-round kind of contest," Aly added.

"So after the second round, final performers will be announced?" I clarified.

"Yeah, like that."

I wanted both of them to have the roles; Liam for Marius, Aly for Eponine. The class shifted as Mister Francisco arrived. I sat between them and no one seemed to exert effort to go back to our original seats.

"Good morning, class." Mister Francisco greeted in his cocky voice. "Okay! Before our lesson for today starts, let me announce this contest for the coming month." He held a blue poster with the words Short-Story Contest printed in the middle and in smaller font were some other details. "If you want to know more, I will give each of you copies of this poster later." He went to his lesson for the day.

"Short story-writing, huh?" Liam nodded.

"You want to join, Ella?" Aly asked. I hadn't told her about my stories online because I wanted to keep it private and away from the negatives of Ella Gomez as much as possible. Like being someone else where Marvin and I were real and accepted by everyone. That was basically the reason why I chose to have a pseudonym, Gracella. Before, my username was just my name, and then just a week ago it came in my mind that I should changed it.

"If I have time," I shrugged. I was not sure what to write. If the topic interested me, I would not let a night pass without starting.

"Oh, Ella, we all have time." Liam said.

~

"Since I met you, 'ordinary' will never be a good adjective to describe my life... Period." As I typed those words, Marvin was beside me. I was sitting on the chair of my study table while he was on the edge of my bed.

"This is yet another chapter, my love." I said, making the last two words linger.

"A hundred more to go," he grinned and lay back, his feet dangled above the ground. I clicked on the Publish button and within a few seconds, my work was uploaded for the whole world to see.

I tapped my pink pen, thinking of something to think of. The clock above the door showed it was just seven-thirty in the evening.

"What do you wanna do now?" he asked me while staring at the glow-in-the-dark I bought after The Little Prince.

"Not sure. I want to do many things but I don't know where to start."

"Then start with the priority." He sat up.

"Priority? Hmm... Well what about you? What do you want to do?" The list was so long, finding the top seemed to take hours. I wanted to write about our story, go somewhere with him, simply make more impossible things happen.