34|Wolfsbane

|nora's pov|

I sniffled as I tried to stay conscious for as long as I could. My eyes felt unbelievably heavy, under the influence of wolfsbane. My head was fuzzy, and I could only hear my heartbeat thumping in my ears.

The only thing clear to me is whenever I get out of here, he is dead.

___________

3 Hours Earlier..

The feeling of the morning sun on my skin was well deserved, and the ability to see Klaus every morning was pure fortune. I wished that I could just sleep all day, but I didn't go dress hunting last night for nothing. I found a gorgeous purple dress to wear tonight, and Klaus a purple bow tie to match. I smiled at the thought, and averted my gaze to him. The sun made his blonde eyelashes fade transparent, and his skin looked pore-less. I would give anything to touch his luscious locks, but he was a light sleeper and I didn't want to disturb him. Instead I turned to my nightstand to check the time.

My heart dropped when I saw that I had 4 missed calls from Cami.

I quickly snatched the phone, and clicked on her contact prematurely assuming the worst. She answered after the second ring.

"Hello?" I said, my voice laced with concern.

"Nora.." She stopped and took a breath. My heart beat started to quicken, as I sat up on my elbows in the bed.

"Cami, is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I saw Lucien not too long ago. He knows that you undid the compulsion." Her voice sounded out of breath, like she was moving around a lot.

"Wha-Where are you?"

"I just got to my house, after I saw him it-it freaked me out, so I came here. But, we can meet at Rousseau's or something?"

"No, St. Anne's. Thirty minutes." I hung up the phone, placing it back on the nightstand, before getting out of bed. I jogged to the dresser, pulling out some low rise jeans, a crop tank top, with a leather jacket. When I turned around I saw Klaus tossing and turning.

"What are you doing?" He said stretching, I sighed and turned around.

"Lucien knows I undid the compulsion, I'm going to talk to Cami." I rush out the first part. Yes, he was trying to start cutting me some slack. But trying, and actually doing it are two different things. I rushed straight for the bathroom, but ran into his hard chest.

"Who is this Cami girl, and why are you putting yourself in danger for her?" He said resting one of his hands, on each of my shoulders. I could tell he was being serious to some extent, but for the most part dramatic as usual.

"Because, she's my friend." I scoffed, slapping his and off my shoulder. I walked over to the shower, and turned the water on hot, before taking all my clothes off. He stood there watching me for a minute, then he sighed.

"Fine, but please be careful, and back on time for the party?" He said emphasizing please.

"I will."

"I love you."

__________

I slipped on my combat boots, and shuffled out the compound. I thought about what Klaus said to me, my whole way to the church. Why was I putting myself in danger for somebody that I just met, practically. I guess it just felt like the right thing to do.

I saw her about a block or two away from St. Anne's, and waved her over.

"Nora."

"Hey, is everything okay, did he hurt you?" I said with furrowed eyebrows, as I tucked some of my hair behind my ear. We started to walk through the back roads, when she started to talk.