23|Dinner Party

|third person pov|

Klaus stood in his room, smoothing his suit over him while Nora lightly bounced on the bed next to him. Klaus asked her not to come to the dinner. Solely based on the fact that he didn't know what Esther had planned, and decided to play it safe. While Freya let the boys do the dirty work, of course.

"Why does she hate you so much,
Nik? She had six kids it's not like she doesn't have the maternal gene." She starred up at him with her doe green eyes. He walked over to the edge of the bed and sat down next to her.

"Seven, actually. And I think at one time she loved us, very much. One died before I was born." He whispered, tightening his tie.

"I didn't know what." She was shocked that he had never brought it up before.

"Years later my brother Hendrik was killed by the werewolves in our village. The loss of another child pushed my mother over the edge. So she used her magic, to turn us into immortals...I think that's when she loved us the most. It was her undoing. It triggered a sequence of events that lead to the reveal of her long held secret. My birth father was the werewolf who's pack killed my little brother. Of course when Mikael found out he murdered my birth father, and so my mother lost her lover too."

Nora felt guilty, thinking that her life was messed up, when he had been put through centuries of torment, and pain. Emotional and physical.

"Wow, no wonder she's crazy."

"You know my siblings used to tell each other she didn't hate us. She hated herself for what we become. I think they believed it even after she tried to kill us all."

"What did you believe?"

"I don't know. All I knew is that I wanted her dead." His eyes were dark, and she knew that he was seeking vengeance.

"Well, every good story needs a wicked witch. It'll be all the more satisfying when we melt her."

"I like the way you think." He smirked.

_____

Klaus walked down stairs and into the dining hall, standing behing the head of the table, his seat. Elijah walked in shortly after.

"Are these outfits really necessary?" Klaus said already clearly annoyed.

"Appearence is a way of showing respect, Niklaus. Mother will be more likley to surrender her true intentions." Elijah said calmly placing glasses on the table.

"Well I doubt her guard will drop just because I'm dressed like a bloody lawryer."

"We need every advantage we can get, Niklaus."

"You always did excel at diplomacy. Just know if she tries anything i'll tear new body to pieces."

It was on que, that Fin walked into the room, ovbiously listening in on thier conversation.

"You two haven't changed a bit." He said trying to hold back his chuckle. "Linens and silk can't disguise your pathetic self loathing, and you.." He said directing all of his attention to Klaus alone. "Despite the arrogant facade you're still the same paranoid, little boy. Full of hate, and fear." Elijah had a look of shock, as he set a silver spoon down on the table.

"So much for the unbreakable bond of family, huh? Always and forever indeed." Fin said making the tension in the room even tenser, if it was possible.

Klaus was appauled by how bold Fin was being, but at the same time he was locked in a box for over 900 years. The only thing that kept ringing in his head was his brunette girl.