32|Fraction

|nora's pov|

I let the covers warm up my body, as I stared at Klaus through the stand up body mirror he had in his room. With the amount of alcohol that I consumed last night, I'm surprised that I didn't need hospitalized, even in my vampire state. I smiled as I thought about it, and the way that I felt in the moment. The only thing I don't remember is the night ending. A small blush crept up on my cheeks, when we made eye contact through the mirror.

"My little party animal." I tried to hold in my laugh, as he turned around to look at me without the mirror interfering.

"No, Rebekah's the party animal. Did you she the way she ran in there?" This time he laughed, and it was contagious when I heard it.

"Very well then, but you partied till you dropped, literally."

"Till I dropped?" I asked looking up at him, and he confirmed with raised eyebrows.

"That was after Elijah made his grand entrance. You should've seen the look on your face when he turned on the lights, and you saw the damage we'd done." I furrowed my eyebrows, and sat myself up on my elbows.

"I-I don't remember Elijah coming.."

"Well he did, and he wasn't too happy with my method of teaching you control, I guess you could say he caused a scene." I sat up completely, and gently shook my head placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Look, not that I was conscious to hear what he had to say, but thankyou." I retracted my hand, but he grabbed my wrist, and tilted his head.

"You're thanking me?" The look on his face was unreadable, like he was expecting me to lash out.

"Yes, I'm thanking you. Because, ever since I turned I've been asking myself--If I'm some monster." I scoffed at my thoughts, now that I was saying them out loud. "And I think at a time I believed that I was one, but you...showed me that the feelings, the instincts that I have now are who I am. And instead of pushing it away, or deeming it as monstrous I had to accept it. And you taught me how to, so yes, thankyou." Instead of giving my ears the delight of hearing his voice, be grabbed the back of my neck and our lips collided together. I don't think I could ever get used to the feeling. I was going to pull him close, but I felt him bite down on my lip, hard. He pulled away from me, but still held me close.

"Don't ever call yourself a monster again, now it's time to get up." He said slapping my inner thigh. I glared at him as I ran my tongue over my lip, until it healed.

"I don't want to get up." I said nonchalantly, knowing it would get on his nerves. I went to pull the covers over my body, but he yanked them off the bed in no time making giggle. "What are we doing that could be this important."

"You, are coming with me." A small smile formed on my face, as I thought about one of our conversations from a while ago. Klaus was always gone, and I wanted to go with him. But, with me being human, I was more of a weakness than help.

"You're finally letting me come to the important stuff, huh?"

"Yes, and this important stuff runs on a schedule. Chop Chop."

_______

To be honest, walking in between Klaus and Elijah did feel pretty empowering, and it probably looked that way from the outside looking in. But I could feel the tension. I felt even more awkward considering the condition I was in when Elijah came, and I knew I was the thing keeping them from arguing in the moment. These were the times that I wished Rebekah or Freya got involved with running the city, so I didn't get stuck in this stuff alone. I didn't bother asking Klaus where we were going, but when the St. Anne's came into view I had an idea.