11|Wisdom

|third person pov|

Nora woke up in the white hotel bed sheets, with a sore body. The last memories she had from last night was dancing with Klaus, in 1920.

She got up, and went to the bathroom to take a shower. She didn't forget that Klaus said they were leaving first thing in the morning.

__________

"So how long is it gonna take us to get there?" Rebekah asked from the back.
Klaus was driving, and Nora once again got shotgun leaving Eryn and her in the back.

"About 30 minutes." Klaus said pulling out of the hotel parking lot. Nora stayed quiet for most of the car ride, because she had a lot to think about. She was finally going to be told what happened to her parents, but she turned into a werewolf yesterday. She knew it had to be connected somehow.

__________

"This looks like a little hobbit hole." Nora said with a funny smile. They pulled up up to a small shop in what seemed to be in the middle of nowhere.

"Don't judge." Klaus said shutting his car door, and they walked through the entrance. When they walked in it looked like a little store, there were shelves of books and little knickknacks everywhere. Soon enough a lady appeared from around the corner, and greeted them with a smile.

"Hello, what could I help you with." She had a warm smile which was convincing.

"Do you have any research about folklore?" Nora asked her hopefully.

The woman nodded her head, "Yeah, follow me." They rounded the corner when the lady came from in the first place. It lead to another room in the back with a bunch of file cabinets and folders.

"Back here is all of the research on folklore." She said motioning you the decent sized room, but with 5 people it was a little crowded.

"Eryn..look at all this." Nora said picking up an ancient book.

"Nik, they have white oak." Rebekah said, looking at a wooden stake that was in a glass casing. They both looked alarmed. Klaus went over to the case, and looked at it.

"Not anymore." He took the casing off, and went to take the stake. Nora looked up from her book, and was face to face with a cross bow.

Before she could pull the trigger Klaus sped infront of Nora, and the arrow shot in his back. It barely affected him, except for a groan.

"Oh, she's dead." He said, turning around but she quickly grabbed his arm, and pleaded with him.

"Please, don't kill her." She begged. Eryn quickly disarmed the girl, and Rebekah ended up feeding on her, which earned her a annoyed look from Nora.

"I barely drained an artery, she's not dead." And that made her feel a little better.

"She will be, soon." Klaus said, trying to reach for the arrow in his back.

"No, you are not going to kill her." She was serious, maybe she couldn't change Klaus' ways, but she wasn't giving up on trying

"She tried to hurt you."

"Yeah, after you started stealing her stuff. She probably thought we were burglars." She said with an eye roll.

"Can you get this out of my back, I can't reach it." He wouldn't dare make eye contact with her. She gave him an unsure look, and then walked behind him and wrapped her hand around the arrow.

"Just pull the bloody thing out already, I can't reach it and the damn things hurts." He said, in a sarcastic voice. She sucked a deep breath in, and yanked the arrow out. He took a deep breath, and smiled.

"All better, now i'll start looking in the werewolf section, and you look through the I's."

"No, what are you going to do to that girl." Klaus huffed and knew that he wasn't getting away with this one.

"If it really means that much to you, i'll compel her to forget this ever happened when she wakes up."

Nora smiled, a wide smile.

"Thankyou." She whispered, knowing that he could hear her just fine. Klaus went to look for the 'W's' for werewolf.

"I found it!" Nora said, taking the file folder out of the cabinet. "This is my covens symbol." She said pointing to the front of the folder. She opened it up, and got to reading. And that's what they did for most of the day, read.

"Klaus.." She said pointing to a specific page in the book. He put his book down, and walked over to her. "My coven dates are gone back to the start of the nineteenth century. There were 2 witch covens. The Gemini coven, which consisted of regular witches. And the Indica coven which consisted of all siphon witches."

"So, how does that lead to your parents being killed, and you randomly
turning into a werewolf?" He asked.

"Both covens got along in the beginning, but over time as the 3 supernatural species got into war it was uncovered that the Indica coven could be turned into a vampire witch hybrid, heretic.
The regular witches feared it, and couldn't stand there being a species collided with the vampires. So they sought to kill them off, they even went as far as to curse them.."

"Which is why you turned.." He was starting to put the pieces of the puzzle together. "But they can't just copy the original werewolf curse, how would they even find the spell, let alone perform it."

"It wasn't the original werewolf curse. In the original curse, you have to kill a human to trigger it, this curse you kill any dead or undead being." This was it, everything finally coming together. It might not have made sense, but at least she got the truth, which was her closure. She could finally move on.

"So, the Gemini coven killed your parents?"

"Yes, well I think so. I found this symbol carved in my family's forehead when I found them dead, and look." She said, pointing to a different page. "This is the Gemini covens symbol. Klaus I know it was them."

"But that doesn't make any sense. I know siphon witches who are from the Gemini coven."

"That's because nature wouldn't have that imbalance of power. So the ancestors cursed them that they would be cursed with siphon abominations too."

"So, now that you know what happened, what's the big plan now." He said, walking over to her.

"Revenge."

__________

"Eryn! Are you serious right now?" Nora said, watching her bestfriend wipe blood from the corners of her mouth. Eryns fangs retracted back into her gums.

"I'm sorry, I know we were supposed to spare her but I just couldn't help myself." Eryn said, taking the girls body and tossing it to the side getting into the car. This bothered Nora, but what could she do? Ever since Eryn became a vampire things have changed between them, and she felt like there was nothing she could do to stop it.

____________

"This is our last night here." Klaus' voice echoed in the closed space of the elevator.

"Finally, Tennessee is quite boring." Rebekah said.

Klaus' phone rang, and he slid it out from his back pocket.

"Niklaus, where are you?"

"I'm in Tennessee, brother. If you ever paid attention to anything I said."

"We don't have time for petty bickering, I need you home, now. Don't forget
you have a town to run, with enemies to follow." Klaus just signed, and then the elevator door dinged  signaling that it was time for them to get out.

"I'll be there tomorrow." And Klaus hung up the phone. No matter if you had supernatural hearing, or not everybody could hear both parties on the phone.
Nora assumed that it was Elijah, based on how his words were full of wisdom, even though it was a simple demand for Nik to come home. Potential wisdom.

"Get some rest, and then pack your things. We have a long car ride ahead of us." He said, putting his phone in his back pocket, and walking back into his hotel room.