Challenge

The sun shone down on the arena as the fans filling it cheered loudly, it was officially the first day of the Grand Magic Games, which was only the biggest deal for all mages in Fiore, especially for the mages who were the top six competing.. and about to be announced by Mato.

Kouki peered out to the arena as he rubbed his arms, "I can't wait to see who the other five are.." he said lowly as he looked back at his team, "Celestial Cross is obviously one of them, but who could the others be?" He asked, even though he knew his team was just as clueless as he was, possibly even more.

Haruka shrugged, "It could be any of the guilds, we won't know until Mato announces them-." He was cut off by thunderous applause coming from the arena as Mato took the field, extending his arms to get attention before clapping his hands to quiet the crowd.

"Goooood evening pumpkins~! And welcome to this year's Grand Magic Games!" Mato laughed as the arena clapped, "are you ready?!" He asked as he bounced from foot to foot, the crowd yelled with anticipation, eager to know the top six just as much as Stellar Zodiac was.

"Alrighty! In first place, the former dark guild, Celestial Cross!" Mato announced as the team walked out, waving to their fans and parents with shy and eager smiles, "give it up for Reina Redfox-Motherglow, Takara Fullbuster, Satomi Motherglow, Rin Fullbuster, and Ryou Fullbuster! Together they have a wide variety of Magic! Dragon slayer, solid script, celestial spirit, devil slayer, and ice magic!" Mato spoke as the cheers grew louder for the powerful team. Stellar Zodiac clapped and whistled for their friends as the arena quieted down to hear the next team.

"In 2nd place, the former most popular guild over 15 years ago, Fairy Tail!" Mato announced, there were cheers and hollers for this guild as they walked out, "put your hands together for Uta Motherglow-Redfox, Eiji Redfox, Nobuyuki Redfox, Mitsuo Redfox, and Teru Strauss! Their magic consists of black magic, god slayer, angel slayer, primordial magic, and takeover!" He listed off as the cheers grew louder. Reina and Satomi eagerly waved at her family as her team members clapped politely.

"In 3rd place, which is very unexpected, one of the most popular guilds on this continent! Saaaaaaabertooth!" He announced, "watch out for Hiroki Eucliffe, Haya Eucliffe, Mikazuki Agria-Cheney, Tenchi Agria-Cheney, and Taigen Lore! Watch out for their dragon slayer magic, celestial spirit, maker magic, shadow magic, and hair magic!" The arena clapped and hollered loudly for this guild, especially when Hiroki took the floor. He waved to his fans who practically fainted when he showed them attention.

"Agria-Cheney?" Kishiko thought out loud, "I thought Yukino was with Sting..?" She wondered, sparking confusion from her team as well.

Kazuko frowned at the team, "Hair magic..?" She mumbled, her team looked at her in confusion but didn't elaborate, since right then Mato was announcing the next team.

"History is repeating itself with this team! Give it up for the team in fourth! Fairy Tail!" Mato said, the fairy tail team already on the field hollered for their guild mates as Celestial Cross clapped politely.. and Sabertooth simply rolled their eyes. "Here's Takeo Redfox, Tatsuo Redfox, Toshi-Shita Redfox, Mai-Kyoko Scarlet-Fernandez, and Renjiro Alberona-Groh!" Mato said, out of breath as the section for Fairy Tail cheered the loudest, "watch out for their combined powers of devil slaying, maker magic, darkness magic, enchantment, and palm magic!" The team waved as they stopped near their guild mates and Celestial Cross.. staying very far away from the Sabertooth jerks..

"Aaaand in fifth, one, if not the most, popular guild in Fiore, who saved all of Ishgar 16 years ago! Stellar Zodiac!" Mato reeled, the Zodiacs quickly stood up and practically ran on the field, waving to their fans and friends as adrenaline from the cheers caused their faces to widen into smiles, "coming out now is Kouki Dreyar, Kazuko Lates, Kishiko Vastia, Haruka Takahashi-Motherglow, and Haruto Takahashi-Motherglow! Using magic like dragon slayer, maker magic, takeover, Phoenix slayer, and wolf slayer!" The Zodiacs smiled as they joined the other groups on the field, quickly high fiving their friends before standing still to be respectful.

"And finally! Sixth place!" Mato said, the crowd all eager to hear who the last place spot belonged to, "well isn't this historic! Fairy Tail got not only ONE, but THREE teams in this years Grand Magic Games!" Mato cheered as the final fairy tail team took the field, waving and acting like they owned the place, "taking the field is Hiryur Dragneel, Tanaka Dragneel, Aya Strauss, Akane-Mio Scarlet-Fernandez, and Chiko-Chiharu Scarlet-Fernandez! Look out for their dragon slayer magic, requip, heavenly body, takeover, and fairy magic!" He said, concluding the introductions to the six teams who had made it through the preliminary. The crowds went wild now that all the teams were announced, and thunderous chants could be heard for each guild competing.

"Alright now! Let's give our teams a chance to get to know one another!" Mato clapped his hands as the teams on the field looked at one another. The Fairies already knew the Zodiacs, Celestial Cross, and the Sabers, so the only ones who really needed any introduction would be the Sabers to the Zodiacs and Celestial Cross.

The teams stood there awkwardly before Uta, Eiji, Nobuyuki, Mitsuo, Tatsuo, Toshi-Shita, and Takeo swarmed Satomi and Reina. The other Fairies followed over awkwardly as the Sabertooth team stayed put.

"You guys made it through." Mitsuo smiled as he put his hands on Reina's and Satomi's shoulders, "congrats on first, we were wondering who beat us." He laughed.

"We kind of assumed it was Sabertooth though." Takeo said and nodded in the team's direction, Celestial Cross looked over at them before glaring lowly, "Uh, is something wrong?" Takeo asked as he glanced from Celestial Cross to Sabertooth.

"Yeah. Is something wrong?" Hiroki sneered as he crossed the field over to Celestial Cross, his team followed behind him awkwardly, it was obvious Hiroki was the 'leader' amongst them. Poor Sabertooth.

Takara growled lowly as he stepped forward, "Nothing's wrong, Eucliffe." He snarled as he stood defensively in front of Reina, Kouki walked over and stood next to him, both glaring at the white-blonde haired boy in front of them.

"We just don't like people who forcefully kiss our friends." Rin said icily, the other guilds looked confused before getting the hint as to what had happened, "Reina has a boyfriend, my brother. So unless you wanna die, I suggest keeping your fish lips to yourself." He continued, the guilds and crowds laughed as Hiroki's face turned red in anger and embarrassment.

Hiroki glared and steeped towards Celestial Cross, "you idiots think you're all that, huh? I bet you couldn't even beat one of us if you all tried." He rolled his eyes, expecting Celestial Cross to agree and back down.. but much to his confusion they smiled.

"A fight? Hell yeah." Reina said, cracking her knuckles, "Is it just us against you bozos? That doesn't seem like a very fair fight." She noted, purposely trying to annoy Hiroki and push him over the edge, which was obviously working judging by the steam practically shooting from his ears.

"Maybe if all the other teams tried to fight us it'd be a fair fight." Satomi laughed innocently. Stellar Zodiac knew what they were trying to do, provoke all the guilds so they'd fight them and it could show off their skills and power. And it was working.

Hiryur crossed his arms, "there's no way you could beat ONE fairy tail team, all three of us would just cream you." He smirked, "so we challenge you to even try." He laughed, obviously expecting them to back down.

They didn't.

Instead, Ryou tilted his head and smirked, "challenge accepted." He said, and as soon as the words left his mouth Mato appeared directly in the middle of the arena.

"What's this? A challenge!" Mato clapped as the crowds roared with delight, "Celestial Cross has been challenged to fight all of their competitors! At once!" He announced, "isn't this exciting! What a delight" he went on, "What're we waiting for? Let's get this show on the road!" He announced, immediately disappearing as the teams lined up on their respective sides, all eyeing their opponents.

Mato quickly appeared as a projection in the sky, looking down at the competitors with eagerness to begin. "are you ready?" He asked, the teams nodded, not breaking eye contact.

"Alrighty then! On your mark.. get set.." Mato said slowly and carefully, eyeing both sides as the crowds were out of their seats with excitement..

"GO!"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A challenge already! Who will win? Is celestial cross enough to take them all down? Or is there really strength in numbers?

Stay tuned to find out what happens next on Fled From Fairy Tail!