James vs August

James lashed out at August again and again, striking him time after time with spells and hits, but August anticipated all of them, for every attack he counter attacked and almost nothing seemed to happen.

"For an old guy he is pretty strong.." James thought in his head, August arched an eyebrow at the young mage, James immediately regretted everything he just said.

"I'm not that old, child." He said softly, his voice was kind and warm but his eyes cold and ruthless. His very presence put James on high alert, there was something strange about this mage. James ran at August and used his monster magic, his hair turned black and his eyes red.

"Minotaur's roar!" James yelled, a powerful wave of magic shot at August, James had already taken off all of his limiters before the battle even began, August just seemed like that strong of an opponent. August easily got rid of the attack, in fact the attack seemed to disappear into thing air, which was annoying James a lot.

"Harpy's screech!" James yelled again, another powerful wave of magic shot at August, but surprise-surprise, nothing seemed to happen to August. No visible wounds or anything, he seemed to be in perfect condition. James ran towards August, he went to aim for his feet but quickly realized that was where he seemed to be guarding himself, James quickly changed his target and hit him square in the chest, catching August by surprise and causing him to fall over backwards. James stared at the mage in utter shock, he had actually landed a hit on August!

August stood up and launched many piercing beams of light towards James, James somehow managed to avoid most of them, while a few singed his hair and clothing. James eyed his target, wherever he seemed to look at August seemed to protect that area, discretely but still noticeable. James tried to form a plan in his head but his thoughts were all jumbled together, and he was really annoyed when August attacked him out of nowhere!

"Minotaur's roar!" August yelled, James's eyes widened as the magic roared towards him, he regained his sense just in time to dodge the attack, and more attacks like that one as August unleashed a barrage of spells at him. By the time August was done with the spells James was breathing heavily and looking like he was going to pass out. James was determined to win though, and even if he couldn't walk out of this fight alive, he would at least take August down with him. Or die trying.

"Siren's song of the sea!" James yelled, this spell allowed him to control others for a varied amount of time, depending on how much power he put into the spell. When the spell got in range with August his eyes glossed over and his body went limp, he seemed to be like a zombie waiting for orders from their master. James looked at the zombie-August in triumph, he did it, with the spell he won. Well that is what he thought before zombie-August pointed a finger at him and shot a beam of light straight through his gut. James doubled over in pain as August loomed over the boy, James hated to cry during anything, but he just couldn't help it when he realized this was the end of the line for him.

He cried there for a few moments, crying about the fact he'd never see Gale or CJ again, crying that he never got a proper date with Levy, crying that he'd never have the chance to tell his friends how much they meant to him. Crying because he'd never have the chance to tell them his death wasn't their fault. His sobs were the only sound in the silent area, as August looked down at the boy, with an expression of pity, but also determination on his face.

"Everything I do I do for his majesty... even if that means killing a boy as innocent as you.." August said, he pointed his finger at James's head, before turning around when he heard the sound of soft footsteps approaching him, when he turned he saw a small woman, looking no older than thirteen, running past where the fight was taking place. Her long hair reaching down to her ankles, and her eyes a vast trove of plans and ideas. August's heart stopped when he saw the young girl, "mother.." he said silently, as his hair turned to ash, his clothing turned to ash, his entire being turned to ash, all while James sat there, dying.

He tried to stand but couldn't find the strength to, his world was going dark as he realized the last thing he saw would be nothing more than a battlefield made of rubble. How he wished he could see Gale's face once more, or even CJ's.. or Levy's... gosh Levy, James wished he could tell her how much she meant to him, but his brain wouldn't form a proper sentence. He laid on the ground, staring at the sky, thinking of all the things he wanted to do, and all the people he wanted to say goodbye to.

His vision went dark, but he heard footsteps running up to him, and felt a presence leaning over him. It was a girl, he could tell that much, but other than that he had no clue, perhaps it was Wendy, coming to heal him, or maybe it was his 'guardian angel' coming to take him to the afterlife.

It wasn't either of those people, in case you were wondering, as James felt his grasp on reality become worse and worse he heard the soft voice of the one standing over him.

"It's okay James.. you'll be okay.." James recognized the voice as Levy's he did a weak smile, he got to see her before he died... now if only he could say what he wanted, no, what he needed to say..

"..I...love... love you.." he choked out, with his final, dying breath.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
James has been taken down, but so has August! Will James survive or is he actually gone forever?

Stay tuned to find out what happens next on Fled From Fairy Tail!