Ice Wall

Stellar Zodiac sat glumly in the darkness of their inn room, Rin's ice was so cold and strong it was taking Haruka and his Phoenix slayer magic a long time to even make a dent in the ice, which gave the rest of the team plenty of time to sit in awkward silence as Kishiko and Kouki sat at the farthest ends of the inn room, not daring to make eye contact with one another.

"Um guys.. the ice is almost.. melted.." Haruka grumbled, trying to get some sort of conversation out of the glum group, "but after it is.. I'm gonna need a nap.." he yawned, by the amount of magic power he was using up it was very easy to see Rin's power was on a whole other level then his own, which meant it had to be stronger then Haruto's and Kazuko's as well, seeing as the three of them were on equal terms when it came to their abilities.. but maybe if they worked together they could take down Rin? Haruka shook his head of the thoughts as he focused back on melting the ice in their way.

Haruto crossed his arms, "you're doing a good job, Haruka, keep it up." He encouraged his brother, Kazuko nodded in agreement as Haruka flashed them a toothy grin, "we don't need it thawed all the way, as soon as we can get out of here we're back in the game." He gave his brother and best friend a thumbs up, the enthusiasm was appreciated by Kazuko and Haruka, but less accepted by Kishiko and Kouki, who both scoffed at his proclamation.

Kouki crossed his legs as he looked out of the corner of his eyes, "we've been trapped here for too long, there's no way we're back in the game even if we do get out.. All the spots have probably already been taken." He told them pessimistically, the three younger mages were about to disagree when he held his hand up to silence them, "just face it guys, we've lost before we even began." He told them the hard truth, which definitely put a damper on the three mages moods.. all of them had been hoping to win the GMG.. they never would've thought they'd get out at the preliminaries..

Kouki glanced over and saw the disappointment on their faces.. it hurt him to see them all so glum but what he said was the truth.. just like how Kishiko kissing his best friend was also the truth.. fuck.. Kouki had been trying not to think about that, the moment in the alleyway when he saw his girlfriend, the one he thought he'd be with forever, kissing his best friend.. the memory of the pain he felt when he saw the two shadows share a kiss.. and the resentment he felt, not for Kishiko, but for Takara, even when he knew Takara was the victim!.. No one should ever feel disappointment even close to that..

Kouki sighed as he stood up, "actually.. you know what, maybe we are still in this, we just need to get out of here, then we're back in the game." He smiled with fake hope at the three younger ones who looked up at him with stars in their eyes, "just like you said, Haruto." He gave them a lopsided grin, the three mages nodded their heads ecstatically as Haruka seemed to be putting more effort into melting the ice now that their spirits had been lifted by Kouki..

Then they heard a shrill laugh from the other side of the room..

Kishiko had been so quiet, they forgot she was even there until she scoffed.

"You four really think we still have a chance? News flash, we don't." She grumbled harshly, placing her hands on her hips as she walked towards them slowly, "not everything works the way you want it to, isn't that right, Kouki?" She asked her ex boyfriend innocently, Kouki wanted to retaliate back meanly, but instead he took deep breaths before merely smiling at the now rude girl.. his now rude Kishi..

Kouki wiped at his eyes before turning to face the once light of his life, "You'd know, Kishiko. After all, Takara didn't kiss you back, now did he?" Kouki asked her, Kishiko's face turned so red he knew he had struck a nerve, especially after the other three mages burst out in a chorus of 'OOOH' that echoed through the tunnel on the other side of the ice.

Wait. It echoed through the tunnel.

Kouki whipped his head around to the ice wall, if he could hear the echo through the tunnel that must mean there was a hole in it... maybe.. just maybe.. Rin hadn't blocked their exit fully by mistake!

Kouki felt his heartbeat quicken as he ran over to the ice wall, scouring up and down as his hair whipped in his face, "what're you doing?" Kazuko asked as she walked over herself to look at the ice wall, "I'm pretty sure hugging the ice won't melt it any faster then Haruka can." She laughed softly, but her quiet laugh was enough to echo once or twice in the tunnel beyond, leaving Kazuko's eyes wide in realization as she realized what Kouki was looking for, she whipped her head around to see her two friends already running over as Kishiko scoffed at their little act.

"You guys aren't going to get anywhere, you're wasting your ti-." Kishiko was cut off by Haruto yelling in joy, the other three ran over to see what he found, and much to Kouki's joy, there was indeed a hole in the ice wall, just big enough for them to sneak through to the other side.. Rin had unintentionally left the key to their escape right in their hands.

Kouki turned around and didn't waste anytime, "come on guys! We're still in this now!" He yelled, Kazuko, Haruto, and Haruka hurriedly army crawled through the hole, Kouki was about to follow them when he turned to see Kishiko hadn't budged, "Kishiko, come on!" He beckoned her forward, but Kishiko only crossed her arms and stared at the floor glumly..

"What's the point getting their hopes up when the reality will all come crashing down anyway, huh Kouki?" Kishiko asked in such an ill tone it hurt Kouki to hear his own name after it being called so lovingly by her only hours before.. "we aren't still in this.. you know that." She frowned at him, and Kouki realized then.. she was talking about much more then just the Grand Magic Games at that point..

Kouki stepped forward and sighed...

And he reached his arm back as Kishiko's eyes widened in fear.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
What's Kouki doing? Did Rin mean to leave the hole behind for them? Why is Kishiko acting so snotty for a usually nice girl?

Stay tuned to find out what happens next on Fled From Fairy Tail!