Gray vs Invel

'Wall has been taken down.' James's voice rang in everyone's heads, 'But Levy is unconscious. I'm bringing her to you, Celeste.' Gray smiled when he heard this, a member of the Twelve taken down by Levy? She really had grown to be an excellent mage once she left Fairy Tail. But it also reminded him that this was a war, and anyone could get hurt in it if they weren't careful enough.

'Good, I'm near Fairy Tail's guild hall right now. They just returned.' Lucy told everyone, there was a collective sigh of relief when the Zodiacs realized they would finally be getting some help in the fight. The telepathic connection cut off, and Gray went back to searching for a member of the Spriggan Twelve.

He turned a corner and came face to face with Invel, the ice mage from the Spriggan Twelve. His eyes were cold as was the expression on his face, he took a few steps towards Gray without saying anything. Gray stepped back the more he stepped forward.

"True-Ice Kamui!" Invel yelled, a set of armor appeared around him completely made out of ice. He lashed out towards Gray, Gray sidestepped quickly and dodged the attack.

"No hesitation, huh?" Gray scoffed, "then I won't either!" He growled, he stepped back. Black markings appeared on the side of his body and his hair stood up as well, "Ice devil's zeroth long sword!" He yelled and dashed forward, cutting at Invel's armor, but he barely made a dent.

"Ice devil's zeroth destruction fist!" He growled and punched at Invel's armor, this attack did more than the last attack, Invel flew back into a wall, making the whole building crash down and land on top of him.

Gray walked over to look at the rubble, he peered down, only to see a hand fly up and grab his throat. Invel lifted him up as Gray's body started to freeze from the neck down.

"You cannot stop me." Invel spat as Gray squirmed around trying to get himself out of Invel's grasp, "I am a Spriggan Twelve mage.. you are nothing more than a pesky, little, Fairy."

"Now that's just insulting to us Fairies.." a voice rang out from behind him, Invel turned his head to see a salmon haired boy and a scarlet haired girl. Gray held back a smile at seeing his two former friends.

"Fire dragon's roar!" Natsu yelled, his flames shot towards Invel, Invel sighed as he froze the flames. But that little action gave Gray enough time to kick Invel in the gut with his frozen legs, causing him to drop Gray.

"Pesky little Fairies!!" Invel roared. He lunged at Erza, trying to freeze her. She dodged the attack though and swung her sword around, causing Invel to fly into another building.

"I am a Spriggan Twelve!!" He roared and lunges at the three mages, "I cannot he beaten by mages like you!" His frustration caused his armor to crack, "Ice lock!"

"Get down!" Gray barked at them, they hit the floor as Invel's magic flew above their heads.

"No.. no.. Zeref I am sorry.." Invel cried, "you are tarnishing my reputation!" He spat.

"And here I thought you Spriggan Twelve people were supposed to be strong." Gray said smugly, "seems I was mistaken." He laughed harshly at Invel.

"Ice devil's rage!!" Gray yelled, a wave of powerful magic shot at Invel, the magic however was being blocked by his armor, only causing little cracks here and there.

"Ha! Your power of ice is no match for my armor! You'll never get to me!" Invel boasted, Gray smirked and arched an eyebrow at the ice mage in front of him.

"I may not be able to break your armor, but you know what beats ice?" Gray asked him, Invel looked confused at his question, "Fire." Gray stated, he looked back at Natsu behind him, "let's do a unison raid." He said seriously, Natsu looked unsure before flashing his toothy smile at him.

"I'm all fired up!" Natsu said happily, he stood next to Gray as they got their unison raid ready.

"Unison raid!" They yelled in sync as their magic power increased, Gray took off his limiters, setting them down on the ground, "Fire and ice element crush!" They roared, Natsu's fire magic whirled towards Invel as did Gray's ice magic. It collided with his armor, at first nothing happened, but then it started to melt, and melt, and melt. Much to Invel's dismay.

He screamed in rage and pain as the hot fire and freezing ice touched his body. The magic continued to hit him again and again, until it finally subsided, leaving nothing but a frozen husk of the once might Invel.

"All right! We did it!" Natsu yelled in glee, Gray looked at him and did a small smile. Before walking away.

"Oi! Where are you going!?" Natsu yelled after him, "aren't you going to celebrate?" He asked him, Gray sighed and rolled his eyes at the hotheaded mage.

"Lucy is probably worried about me," Gray told them, "besides, I'm a Zodiac. We don't associate with you Fairies." He said sarcastically at smirked at the two mages.

"Well then you should probably go find her." Erza said, "your best bet is probably the guild hall. We saw Levy being taken there earlier." She told him, Gray nodded.

"Yeah, taking down Wall took a lot out of her I guess." He shrugged, Erza and Natsu looked at him in shock and disbelief, "what?"

"Levy.. took down a member of the Spriggan Twelve?! How!?" Natsu blurted out, Levy being able to take one down simply didn't make sense to him.

"She's a lot more powerful now." Gray said flatly. He turned around and walked away from the two disbelieving mages, partially annoyed that they didn't think Levy could do something like that.

He left Erza and Natsu there as he walked out of their sights, away from his old family and towards his new one.

'Invel is down.' Gray said in his hand, there was a clutter of 'Good jobs' and 'well done' as the others congratulated him for taking one down.

'Three down. Nine to go!' He thought enthusiastically, they could win. And they would.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Invel is down! That means only nine more of the Spriggan Twelve remain! And Fairy Tail is finally here and ready to assist!

Who will be taken down next? And which former friends will be forced to fight together?

Stay tuned to find out in the next part!