Teams

"Ok everyone! We've decided the team for this year's Grand Magic Games!" Juvia said from the middle of the guild hall, all of the kids went silent with anticipation when they heard her. "I'll announce the Stellar Zodiac team first, then Lucy will announce the Celestial Cross team that will also be competing." She explained to them, team Stellar Cross was a little bummed they wouldn't be able to compete with each other, but it was a good opportunity to finally prove to each other who the stronger duo was.

"For Stellar Zodiac our team is made up of Kishiko Vastia, Kouki Dreyar, Haruto Takahashi-Motherglow, Haruka Takahashi-Motherglow, and Kazuko Lates!" Juvia announces excitedly, Kishiko and Kouki already knew they'd be on the team, but they still played it off like it was a surprise. Haruto and Haruka high fived each other as Kazuko pulled the two into a hug, the three of them were best friends so it made sense that they'd all be excited to compete.

Everyone congratulated the five on making the team, "I already knew my sons would make it!" Gale boasted as she and Aimi hugged their sons tightly, Sapphy and Hibiki ruffled Kazuko's hair as Kishiko was being congratulated by her dad and her boyfriend's family as well. Kouki was being held up by Laxus and paraded around the guild hall like he was a first place trophy! Of course Takara and Reina congratulated the two on making the team, and waited in anticipation as Lucy took Juvia's spot to announce who would be competing for Celestial Cross.

"I've decided that the members making up Celestial Cross's team this year will be Reina Redfox-Motherglow, Takara Fullbuster, Rin Fullbuster, Satomi Motherglow, and Ryou Fullbuster! Congratulations to this year's competitors!" Lucy clapped her hands excitedly, the five chosen weren't as humble about being picked as the others were, they practically jumped on top of one another as they yelled incoherent nonsense at the top of their lungs. Reina hugged Rin and Ryou as Takara danced around with Satomi, before all coming together for one big hug.

Once their little celebration was over their parents were finally able to congratulate them on being picked, Levy and James hugged their daughters as Lucy and Gray happily talked to their sons. Those who weren't picked for the team happily congratulated their friends and family on the accomplishment.

"Looks like we'll be competing against each other." Kouki smirked as he and Kishiko walked over to their friends, "no hard feelings when you guys lose, okay?" He joked as Takara and Reina rolled their eyes at his little comment, of course they were going to win, Stellar Zodiac had nothing on Celestial Cross! They were practically unbeatable in every aspect!

"Whatever you say, Kouki." Reina laughed, she felt a buzz go off in her pocket, she pulled out her communication lacrima to see she had a message from Uta, she read it over before beckoning her friends to come read the message.

It read, 'Hey Reina! You ready for the GMG? Hope so, cause you'll be having three Fairy Tail teams competing! I'm on a team with Eiji, Nobuyuki, and Mitsuo, and this other kid named Teru, he's Aya's little brother. Speaking of Aya, she's on a team with her buddies, you know, Hiryur, Akane, and Chiko, and Hiryur's little sister, Tanaka. The final team is Takeo, Tatsuo, Toshi-Shita, Mai-Kyoko (she's Akane and Chiko's little sister), and Renjiro, you didn't meet him when you guys visited the guild but he's Cana's kid.' The four of them were getting lost with all the new names, they barely even remembered the names of the people they had met. They shook their heads and read the last of the message, 'Master Makarov told us that the GMG are gonna be different this year, and their only putting through six teams to compete after the preliminary round, I don't know if that's true though. You guys better get through so we don't have to deal with those stuck up Saber kids! Everyone at the guild says hi! See you tomorrow, hopefully!' The message ended and the four friends stared at it like it was written in another language.

"So many.. powerful people on.. one team.." Kishiko said in disbelief as she read the teams over and over again hoping they'd magically change, "we've lost. We've already lost!" She yelled, drawing attention to her and the group, the other members of their GMG team walked over to see what all the fuss was about.

"Is everything okay?" Haruka asked, "why's Kishiko look like she's seen a ghost?" He asked the three who looked more sane then she did at the moment. Reina glumly held out her lacrima so they all could read the message Uta had sent her, they read it over before wearing the exact same defeated look Kishiko wore.

"We've lost! We haven't even began yet and we've lost!" Rin said dramatically as he leaned on Takara and Ryou, barely holding him up enough to not fall to the ground. Out of all the strong mages, Kazuko seemed to be the only one who wasn't glum about Uta's message.

"Guys. We've literally been trained all our lives by the strongest team and mages in all of Fiore! There's no way some pesky Fairies will get the better of us!" Kazuko said as she physically smacked some sense into Haruto and Haruka, "we may be playing for different teams, but that doesn't mean we have to go against each other. If we work together we'll have the advantage!" She explained to them, the others were starting to get her point as their faces turned from frowns to smiles of pride. Their self esteem just got a major boost from Kazuko's little speech.

"We're from the two strongest guilds in Fiore! We've got this!" Haruto pumped his fist in the air as the rest followed, "our parents took down Zeref! We can do this!" He yelled again as the others cheered him on.

"We're Stellar Zodiac!" Half of them changed as they put their hands in the middle of the circle.

"And we're Celestial Cross!" The other half chanted in return, adding their own hands to the pile. They all smiled at each other before yelling in sync as they threw their hands in the air.

"The strongest teams in Fiore!"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
The kids are ready to take on the GMG! But will they be strong enough? Who else will be joining the lineup for the other teams? What if Stellar Zodiac and Celestial Cross don't make the cut?

Stay tuned to find out what happens next on Fled From Fairy Tail!