Wendy vs Irene

Wendy was running as fast as she could towards Levy and James, she was sent by Lucy to heal James, but she had no idea if she would make it in time by the state Levy said James was in. Wendy turned a corner and was stopped by a tall woman with red hair, who had a striking resemblance to her former guild mate, Erza. The woman smiled at her, there was a coldness in her eyes that would never lie in Erza's. Wendy stepped back from the woman, as she muttered a spell under her breath.

"Universe One." The woman mumbled, Wendy felt the ground shake as buildings around her disappeared, she stared in shock and horror as she found herself standing on a snowy mountain, rather than the familiar streets of Magnolia. She looked up and still saw the Erza lookalike in front of her, with a cruel smirk on her face.

"What a cute little dragon slayer.." she cooed, "a nice body too.. how I wish I had a body like yours.." she sighed wistfully, Wendy suddenly felt self conscious of herself, the woman walked closer and closer to Wendy until she was practically on top of her, when she was her hand lashed out and grabbed Wendy around her throat, lifting her into the air as she squirmed to break free from the woman's tight hold. There was rage in the woman's eyes, and Wendy had no idea as to why this woman seemed to hate her.

"It's not fair!" She screamed in Wendy's face, "I deserve to be human! Not a pathetic little girl like you!" She spat, Wendy was taken aback by the woman's outburst, she seemed to be human to her, but maybe she was hiding something?

"S.. sky dragons roar..!" Wendy choked out, it hit the woman in the face as she was knocked off of her feet and backwards, Wendy doubled over as she struggled to regain her breath. The woman stood up and glared at Wendy, she charged at her with her fists clenched.

"I am Irene Belserion! You dare to attack me!?" She hissed, she was hit from behind her with a snowball packed over ice. Levy stood behind Irene with a nasty look on her face, and tear stained cheeks as well. Her eyes were bloodshot, and her hair was shorter than it had been before, it seemed like she had cut most of it off.

"Listen here Irene, I already lost one person today. I'm not going to lose another." She hissed and chucked a piece of ice at Irene's face, Irene dodged it only to be hit in the gut by an even bigger piece of ice, Wendy noticed how Levy said she had already lost someone, she felt a heavy weight on her chest as she realized what that meant.. James is gone.

Smoke was practically coming out of Irene's ears by now, she glared at Levy as her teeth grew sharp, her nails grew into talons, her jaw elongated, as she took her true form as a dragon. Levy and Wendy both took a step back in shock at her appearance, Irene used their shock to her advantage, as she quickly struck Levy with her talons, causing her to land ways away. Levy stood up and Wendy realized the attack hadn't been just for show, there was a large blood stain on her stomach, but yet she still stood up to fight again.

Wendy now had a determination, she was a dragon slayer, if she couldn't defeat Irene who could? She ran at Irene, full of power and ready to attack.

"Sky dragons claw!" Wendy yelled as she kicked down, a large gust of wind roared towards Irene, Irene dodged the attack, only to be met with the same attack from a different angle, catching her off guard and knocking her down.

"Sky dragons wing attack!" She yelled again, more air rushed at Irene as she was taken aback, the attacks hit Irene, causing her to yell in pain. The dragon glared at Wendy as she lashed her talon out, cutting her thigh, Wendy simply ignored the pain as she kept fighting.

"Sky dragons wave wind!" She yelled again, a large tornado spun towards the dragon, causing her to get sucked up in the raging winds. Irene yelled as she was tossed about like a game of hot potato. The tornado subsided as dragon-Irene was left with cuts and bruises.

But Wendy wasn't done yet, this woman hurt her friend, her continent killed her friend. She glared at the dragon in front of her, Wendy took off all of her limiters as her magic power rose.

"Sky dragons crushing wind!" She screamed, her voice was raw from all the spells she had cast, usually when she cast this spell it was a normal gust of wind, but when she took of her limiters the wind felt like a tornado. It knocked Irene to the ground and pushed her into it, cracking the ground around her as the wind pushed and pushed with so much force Wendy could hear Irene's bones snapping. When the spell subsided Wendy was left with the sight of human-Irene, unconscious and dazed, lying on the ground, unable to move.

Wendy didn't even check to see if Irene was alive or not, she immediately ran over to Levy and healed her stomach wound, "are you ok?" She asked her worriedly.

"Am I ok? I should be asking you, little miss 'defeat a dragon like it's no big deal', you've gotten so strong Wendy." Levy smiled at her, Wendy did a small smile back before frowning.

"I'm sorry about James.." she mumbled, Levy frowned too, she had almost forgotten what had happened.

"I don't even know where he died, he was transferred somewhere else when she cast this spell." Levy said, referring to the spell that caused them appear on a snowy mountain, but the two mages watched as the world around them started to go back to normal. The buildings of Magnolia appeared once again, Wendy took this as a sign that Irene would not be getting up anytime soon. Wendy looked around for her limiters but couldn't find them.

"Looking for these?" A voice asked behind them, Levy's face turned white as she turned around, to see the playful smirk of James. He held Wendy's limiters and smiled.

"Surprise." He said softly.

Levy couldn't stop what she did next.

She tackled James to the ground and kissed him.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Yay James is alive, can't say the same about Irene though. This means there are only two fights left against the Spriggan 12! But I have a question for you readers, after the final battle would you like to see the story continue or end? Personally I'd like to keep the story going, but I want to know how you readers feel! So feel free to comment!

Stay tuned to find out what happens next on Fled From Fairy Tail!