Living with the Heartbreaker (Sample)

Description

When first meeting Christian James I thought he was nothing but a player who only cared about sleeping around with endless girls. The more I got to know about him the more I found out about his trouble world. a world that I was bring slowly sucked into. Less just say Living with the Heartbreaker there more to worry about then just getting your heart broken.

Chapter 1: First Meeting

Standing at the door, I looked down at the paper my father had given me with the apartment information on it, then back at the guy standing before me in nothing but a towel. Water dripping off his dark blond hair onto his tone chest before slipping down his cut abs only to disappear into the towel.

“Well, who do we have here?” the guy smirk down at me as his light blue-green eyes swept down my covered body. He crossed his arms when his eyes started coming back up focusing a little longer on my chest area before finally looking me back in the eye. “I’m sure you’re a fireball in bed, sweetheart, but unfortunately I don’t have time right now. Come back later night with one of those sexy little nighties and we’ll have a role in the sheets, then, okay.” He took a step back to close the door on me.

“Wait,” I cried out before he could fully close the door on me. “I’m looking for Christina James. My father emailed her about the spare room. This is the address he wrote down, plus had already sent the money the apartment complex for this month’s rent.”

He opened the door back up, taking the paper out of my hand looking it over. Then he looked back up at me smiling once again, “So, you’re April Mitchell.”

That’s when I heard a different door open and I looked around the hall to see a girl came out from across the way, eyeing the guy before me. You could see the want in her eyes as she whirls around going down the stairs. I turned back to the guy who was shaking his head with yet another stupid smirk on his face. “Yes, that’s me, where Christina?”

It seemed that my question only made him laugh as he stood to the side of the door, gesturing me in with his hand to come in. There was just something about this guy’s appearance that didn’t seem trustworthy, making me stay put. “Come on Sweetheart, I don’t have all day. I have to get to work soon.” He articulated, gripping hold of my arm, pulling me inside before closing the door.

As he walked past me, I took in the simple kitchen next to the door. Viewing the living room at the end of the hall, with a couch facing a flat screen that hung next to two windows. The back of the couch was facing the door, making you unable to see the stand under the flat screen television with the gaming console and movies along it, till you moved more into the room.

“The spare room on the other side of the living room with the bathroom next to it, that we will be sharing.” he said, walking off to the other side of the room.

“When will Christina be home?” I asked before he got to the other bedroom door. “She didn’t tell my father, her boyfriend was living with her.” I asked, crossing my arm over my chest, while giving him a blank look.

That’s when he turned back around and walked over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist pulled me against his chest. “There is no one named Christina living here, sweetheart. Your father messed up my name I guess.” He informed me, as I put my hand up against his chest and try to push myself away from him. “My names Christian James.”