Chapter 31: Lifetime supply

Laila POV

It's been a week now since. I haven't had enough rest as we fly from one country to another. I was surprised that more than once I was invited to attend tv shows and interviews.

Tina was more than happy to see how well received I am to each places. Who would have thought that my books would be this popular.

We are currently in Taiwan right now and unlike the previous places, we get to stay here for a few days. Which mean I can get lot of rest at my hotel room.

"Miss Laila," a familiar voice said.

I looked up to see Carlos. My eyes widen at the sight of him. I thought that after his confession to me at the first booksigning event, he'll be embarrass to see me but he went to my every event. I got to know him a little since then.

"What are you doing here? Haven't I signed everything already." I joked.

He then handed an Iced Coffee to me.

"I heard this was the best here and thought you might want to try it." he shyly said.

Unlike the first event. Gone was the shy, stuttering guy and was replaced by this courageous guy.

I was hesitant to receive the drink but I was tempted to have it. I took the drink. He gave me a look that O should drink it so I did. I can feel the heaven as I have a taste.

"Thank you. This is truly amazing." I said as I took more sip.

We then had a small talk since he's the last person in line. Our heads turn when there was a loud uproar from the fans around the event. What's more surprising is that the media went crazy. Camera flashes almost blinding my eyes.

And then I saw him.

What the hell is he doing here?

He was walking towards me casually as security guards surrounds him to block the media and fans that were going wild.

He was coming closer, his eyes never leaving its gaze on me. He was holding a bouquet of flowers. His lips form a devilish grin as he walked up the stairs of the stage coming closer and closer to me.

If I thought seeing my fan all the way here is a surprise, what Jer did made my mind went black. He leaned down and squarely kissed me in the lips the moment he got to my side. I haven't had the chance to say anything or fight back. His lips move against mine with full of passion. As if claiming it to be his.

I can hear noises but my mind can't focus right now.

After a few minutes later he let go of me. A sly smirk on his face as he look at me then to the person I was talking to earlier.

"I'll see you around Miss Laila." I don't know if my mind was playing tricks on me.

Did I just saw Carlos glare at Jer?

There was that unspoken heated atmosphere between the two as they looked at one another. Tina was the one to broke it.

"Mr. Malarkey, what a surprise to see you here." Tina said in a saccharine voice.

Jer cleared his throat and looked at me, a look I'm too familiar with. That look means I've done something that annoyed him to an extent.

"It just so happen I have some business here. I'm surprise that my girlfriend would be here as well seeing she yet again left without a goodbye." there was annoyance in his tone and the way he emphasize the word 'girlfriend' put a reminder to me.

Tina looked at me for explanation but I just feigned innocence put on my best sweet tone for him. "Sorry I forgot to tell you babe. It was just you were so busy."

The looked on Jer's face told me I just made things worst. I felt uneasy all of a sudden.

"Well we are about to finish up here." Tina said, not noticing the awkwardness between me and Jer. "Laila you are free to go and have fun but please-"

She gave me a knowing look I fully understand well. She didn't need to continue whatever she want to say.
I nodded at her. I got ready to leave the stage when I saw that media and fans still gather around.

I took a deep breath before putting on an act.

I happily stood beside Jer, giving him a kiss on his cheek after I taking the bouquet. I wrap my hands around his right arm. He was still looking at me with annoyance but shaked it away as we face the media in front of the stage. We smile and took a couple of photos before he drag me off the stage.

Literally pulling me to follow him. My staff were all gushing as we went into the waiting room for a meeting before going back in the hotel.

"I didn't know Mr. Malarkey is this sweet." Mia gushed

"You are so lucky Laila." I heard someone said.

I snorted at the comment. If only they can see how annoyed the man beside me is right now.

"Maybe I am" I said as I pinched Jer's cheek which gained a lot of 'aw' from the onlookers.

"Tina I'm free to go right?" I asked her knowing I have a long overdue talk with Jer.

She was hesistant as she looked at us.

"I will bring her back don't worry. It just so happen I'm staying at the same hotel as everyone." he proudly announced. I looked at him stun.

"Alright" Tina gave up. "I'll have the security ready. It seems that everyone got excited on the unexpected visit."

Tina left and the team got ready to leave. There was silence between Jer and I. I just focused myself on drinking the coffee I got from Carlos.

"Do you like that so much?" Jer said in an irritated tone. "I'll buy you a store if you want."

"No need." I nonchalantly answered.

"You liked it that another man gave it to you then."

I don't like the tone of Jer's voice that I slurp my drink loudly and showed him how much I liked it to further annoy him.

He glared at me intensely that he took the drink from my hands and dumped it on the trash.

"What the hell!" I snapped at him.

"If you want that drink so much then I'll buy a lifetime supply for you." he took his phone from his pocket and called someone. " Mars, I want you to make a report on me about a coffee place here and Taiwan. I want to see a draft contract the moment I return."

My eyes widen as he ended the call. There was a triump look on his face.

"Are you jealous that Carlos gave me a drink and you gave me flowers that you know I never liked receiving?" I stated. My eyes narrowed as I looked at him.

He averted his gaze before fixing his tie. "I don't know what you are talking about."

"You know perfectly well what I'm talking about."

He again fixed his tie,not answering me.

"Tell me, what exactly are you doing here? Last time I checked I'm not obligued to report to you about everything." I squinted my eyes further interrogating him. "Are you following me?"

Again he fixed his tie. I got so annoyed by that. I pulled his tie loosening it on around his neck and taking it. Now he don't have a freaking tie to fix.

"We can go now." Mia's voice echoed as she shouted from the outside of the room.

I glance at Jer as I hold on his hand and leave the room. Mia gave us a looked, she gave an envy look as she saw our entwined hands.

Jer hold on to me as we walk towards the exit. Fans and media still surrounds us. I put on a smile as we pass by.

I thought I was getting on my own car but instead I was inside of Jer's car. Gin, his driver nodded in my direction when we locked eyes in the mirror.