Chapter 52: I'm officially yours

****Flashback*****

Jeremy POV

The scare that I just had made me realize one thing.

I need to take action right now.

It seems like my usual direct attack is much more effective. I finally have Laila and though she ran away that night, I'm not making any more chances for her to escape me.

We only have one same class, and when I arrived at the room she was already there. As I made my way a girl I don't know came to me. She hands me a homemade sweet. There's a swarm of her friend behind her. Laila looked up at us. 

"I made this for you," the girl said.

With my emotionless face, I straightly told her, "No thanks, my girlfriend forbade me from taking food from others"

The moment I finished my words there was a dead silence. I looked at Laila and saw the same expression she has that night. Her mouth agape.

"G-girlfriend?" the girl questioned.

"Yes"

"Since when?"

I was fed up with her. I menacingly glared at her hoping she would just get lost right now. One of her friends pulls her away. Seeing me move, Laila realizes what I was planning. She piled up all her things besides her but that still didn't stop me. I just easily moved it and her to make room for me. She glared at me but I just smirked at her.

There were whispers around.

Brian was the first to speak out their curiosity, "What the hell! Did you get heartbroken knowing Laila got a lover? Now both you and Laila are off the market now. I'm surprised Jeremy, I thought you only had an eye for her"

Sometimes I wonder why did I ever become friends with this idiot. I didn't even bother answering him. I lean closer to Laila and whisper in her ear.

"There's no point hiding my mark. I can see it even from here"

She shot me a deadly glare which I just find adorably. It makes me want to tease her more. Her turtle neck can't fully hide it, there will be a glimpse of it every time she moves her head which she does a lot.

I felt like someone was staring at me. Nate was just behind me. His eyebrow raised in amusement. It was Nate who figured out what was happening, not that I care anyway. I'd prefer to let everyone know.

"You must have had a wild night Laila." Nate teased.

"Huh?" she looked at him confused.

He then points at a spot on his neck, the exact same spot where I left a love bite on Laila. I stifled my laughter. Laila was confused at first but realized that she had moved her hair away to one side revealing it.

"Oh! It's not what you think it is," she tried explaining. "It's just from an annoying mosquito. I've been actually having pest trouble lately."

Nate laughs at her answer knowing too well what she is saying.

Laila made sure of keeping herself busy so that there was no way I could intrude. It was tough getting her to accept me but our hide and seek didn't last long. Rumours started to fly around about who my girlfriend might be. I can't say that her lie of having a boyfriend is not a lie anymore but unless she's the one to declare it, I'll keep things as it is. What matters is that guys won't dare covet her anymore knowing she has a lover already.

"Wow, everyone seems busy" Brian mused.

There's a special event at Laila's department right now. It was our first time setting foot at the college of arts building and sure enough, the atmosphere here is different from our building. Everyone's in a festive mood. I never liked crowded or noisy places but for Laila, today seems tolerable. The open area became an exhibit of the student's work such as sculptures, paintings, illustrations, and more.