Chapter 51: ...my mark on you

*****Flashback******

Jeremy POV

"Welcome-"

The smile on her was gone the moment she laid eyes on us. She's in her working mode with her hair tied in a messy bun and an apron to cover her clothes. She's holding a tray which means she probably had just delivered an order. Seeing her face, my heart made a somersault and I cannot deny the fact that no matter what she wears or how she looks, she will always be a goddess in my eyes.

Nate's cough woke me up from my trance. There's a huge grin on his face as if reading my mind. Because it now has been our routine of going here, we, rather I have a usual spot I always go to. The best place which is away from most tables but had a great view, I can watch her every move without any hindrance.

"As much as the cafe benefits from you guys being here, aren't you getting tired of coming here every day?" Laila questioned us after taking a deep sigh. She has now become much more comfortable talking with us unlike before.

"We're not always here. Only when you are on duty" Nate answered her while giving me a look.

"Please stop using me to impress your girls or make me your shield" she complained.

"That's just Brian," I finally made a sound.

She gave me a look and I can feel that awkward silence for a second. For some reason, there seems like a wall built between us and no matter what I do I can't get through. The way she interacts with others is different from mine.

"Speaking of which, where is he?"

"Oh probably somewhere out there. He'll be here soon though" Nate said in a bored tone.

"Then I'm guessing you'll still order the same drinks."

"Yes please"

Laila left without a second glance at me. I watched as she made her way back to the counter and prepared our drinks. And that's how our conversation ends with me speaking merely three words that don't even express how much I care for her.

Can't she just understand it through my actions?

"The f*ck dude! I get that you t like her and all, but how will you make her yours if you're like that! Laila's not like those girls who fall for your looks even with that nasty personality of yours-" Nate expressed his frustration but then stop when realizing his speaking more than he should have.

I ignored him and just set my eyes on Laila. She's laughing at something her co-worker said and I would very much trade with that person. I want Laila to only look like that to me. There's just something about her that made me want to monopolize her.

Nate spoke out after a minute, "Look, all I'm saying is we already know Laila's dense and the only option left for you is to just outright tell her. I can't even believe you are hesitating like this. Aren't you the great Jeremy Malarkey?"

I was suddenly reminded of the failed attempts before. Laila brushed off easily my attempt of wooing her. Countless times I'll tell her and countless times she'll laugh it off as a joke. Honestly speaking I'm getting frustrated but I'm just holding it in knowing that my usual way would not work for her.

So here I am stuck in a slow process of winning her.

Suddenly Brian arrived in haste state.

"Big news! big news" he excitedly proclaims the moment he arrived. "You wouldn't believe what I just found out."