Chapter 30: Laila's so-called boyfriend

Laila POV

"We'll have to leave early next day for the flight. I've already booked our hotels and had spoke to the coordinator for the event." Tina bored me the necessities for my booksigning which will be held on another continent.

"Laila make sure you packed all your needs. I want to remind you that this will take longer than the events held here. Total of five places in asia." Tina made sure to use her mother tone on me.

I nodded my head in agreement. I had already packed my stuff and I'm sure I won't need anything else.

"Now that the issues had been resolve, things are getting back together I hear that things are getting betyer for Henry as well. Moght as well say his popularity had just sky rocketed." she continued on.

I then remember the look on Henry's face when I admitted about Jer. He's been a good friend of mine that I hate to see him look at me with the pained look.

Tina must have realized my distant the she gave up talking to me and allowed me to go home and rest. Something I know I can't do.

When I arrived home, I decided to work on the new script I'm working. I hadn't realized I'm staring at the screen for an hour now. I can't seem to function well today.

Jeremy POV

I'm starting to get a headache.

I flew out of the country in a haste without telling Laila. I was hesitant to go especially after what happened to her. I doubt that it was a simple paparazzi following her.

I can't help but remember what happened when we got to her house.

"I think I should hire some bodyguards for you." I said full of worried for her. I walk around her small yet cozy place.

"No need Jer. I may just be imagining stuff earlier." she lied. I can see through her lies as always. Her eyes would avert its gaze on me and. She would crinkle her nose.

"But what if it is some creep that's been following you around?" I reasoned out with her.

She just rolled her eyes at me. "I think I would know Jer. Besides, you would know too well. If I'm not mistaken you already had put someone always on watch on me. That's just probably him."

"That's the point. I didn't because I know you'll get mad the moment you find out."

She looked at me as if not believing a word I just said. Shock and curiosity filled her eyes. After a few more minutes of silence between us I walk closer towards her. Like there was a magnet pulling us together.

She was casually sitting on her couch looking bored as always. A look she would always have whenever she is around me. I frown at that sight.

I hated that. I want the spark in her eyes like old times. Full of life. Not the way it looks now. Cold and distant. Just what happened to her. Why can't she trust me?

I brushed the hair that had somehow covered her face away from me. My hand guided her to look at me and I can see the way she bit her lower lip as if inviting me for a taste.

And like a moth drawn to a flame, I was leaning down on her. Our faces inches apart. My lips starts close the distance. I can feel her stiffen. I pull her towards me,my body savoring her warmth.

"Mr. Malarkey." a voice called pullimg me out of my reverie. The site manager looked at me with a scared look. "It was my fault. I was suppose to oversee things and I was careless that I-"