Chapter 3: He's the same as before

****Flashback****

"Quiet down please!" the professor slams down his book making a loud thud as it hits the table in an attempt of getting the full attention of his students.

"Settle down!" he tried one last time.

As he was about to announce something, the door suddenly opened wide. A young lady appeared gaining the attention of everyone inside.

There was nothing special in the way she dress. A plain white polo paired with dark pants and sneakers. Her hair cascaded down her shoulder with wide curls.

She looked up, her dark brown eyes not meeting anyone else's prominent stare. Her full attention was on the professor who beckon her to come in.

"Get in young lady. Alright people she will be joining this class from now on." the professor started but got interrupted when someone raised his hand.

"Doesn't she seem lost in here?"

The professor just chuckled as if there was a hidden joke about her being in the class.

"Actually, she is here because she's taking extra classes for her requirements. It'll be nice for all of you to learn from her. She is two years your junior afterall."

Her face turned red as a tomato because of what the professor said. She silently went to an empty seat at the back not noticing the stare of the guy sitting next to her.

The whole time his gaze never left her and the whole time she didn't give any slight sign that she noticed his presence.

Once the class was over she immediately left the room not wanting any unnecessary attention on her.

"Who would have thought we'll get to have the department beauty in our class," a blonde guy exclaimed in joy.

"Department beauty?"

"Seriously Jeremy, you don't know her? That's Laila, she's the beauty of the college of the art department. As soon as she got here, she was voted as the top beauty in her department. Even got nominated for University beauty but was only runner up."

"How did she even got admitted to this University without money?"

"She got in here because of her brain and talent actually. Her beauty was just a plus. Apparently, she was attending special classes when one of the professors from her department took notice of her talent and introduced her to the dean. "

"And how come I never knew about her?" Jeremy raised his eyebrows in confusion.

"Well you hardly took notice of anyone outside your circle and there's the fact she just got here and that she's not in the same field with us."

"But you already knew her?"

"That is because I'm active at the campus forum. Anyway, people just speculate about her. She's rather a reserve and not the type of girl you prefer."

And that was it. She was not the type of girl Jeremy prefer but he knows he was already enticed by her.

************************************

"But I think you wouldn't be happy with what I'll do to that hands of yours if it stays where it is."

Please let it not be who I think it is.

I turn around and saw Jeremy, his arms crossed and eyes narrowed at Henry's hands that still got a hold of me.

"Jeremy, nice seeing you again," Henry stated breaking the awkward silence. He lets go of me and extended his hand for a shake but Jeremy just ignored it.