Chapter 58: That damn puppy eyes of his.

Laila's POV

Things had been different. 

Much more after that night, when Jer found out my little lies. 

I never meant to hide things from him. I was just scared, scared that in the end, I might end up like my mother. So I did what I think was best, by pretending nothing was wrong. I thought that if I kept that smile on my face and showed Jer I'm strong, he won't regret loving me. I've learned from a young age that nothing good will come with being greedy about your feelings. 

With clinging to that attention.

For me, if I showed Jer that I'm doing fine on my own and not bothering him I can keep this relationship intact. Because the moment I tasted his warmth, I'd already become addicted and it scared me so much to be drowned by it. 

But all of that was my foolishness. Jeremy is different, I am different and whatever happened to my mother, I know now for sure that Jer would not let it happen.

Ring.....

The ringing sound of Jer's phone snaps me out of my thoughts.

Jer with a frustrated look answered the call and went to his study.

Since I'm feeling fine, Jer didn't waste any moment though the doctors were reluctant to let me leave. According to them, I was attacked by my stalker and was injected with a drug that messed up my memories though it feels like nothing was wrong. Jer said that what he said when I was delirious, triggered the effects so events that made a bad memory become distorted and that there is no way of knowing all of it unless I brought it up and they'll say if what I remember is right or wrong.

It was messed up. The stalker also escaped and I can't provide information as I forgot about it. I only remember a vague memory of me being scared and a faceless man hovering over me but it was so hazy that it is not useful at all. 

Brian's helping to capture the stalker. After what happened Jer won't allow me to go back to my place. I do remember living in a different place but since the stalker was able to get inside my place despite the security, Jer won't take any chances of me staying back at that place.

After a minute Jer came back and slumped down beside me. His head rests on my shoulder as his hands wrap around my waist. I chuckled at how childish he is being. I set aside my laptop and decided to give my full attention to him.

"Do you need to go out?" I asked knowing that it must be his secretary who called.

He grunted as he changed his position. He rested his head on my lap getting comfortable, "I'll stay here with you. I'm on vacation as of now."

"And what of your work?" I started playing with his hair. 

"Then you can just support me when I go broke," he mumbled as he looked up to me with his cute puppy dog eyes. I shake my head at how childish he is getting. This action of his was something he would never do in the past.

I decided to let him be and return to the work I'm doing. Soon enough Jer fell asleep. When I noticed him snoozing, he had a scowl expression as if he is at odds with the world. I gently touched his furrowed brows.

"Why are you so mad in your sleep?" I asked in a hushed tone though I know he wouldn't be able to answer.

I then run my hand through his hair repeatedly and as if a spell, Jer's expression relaxed and snuggle closer. I bent down and kissed his forehead and as if knowing it was me, a smile appeared on his lips. I continue running my hand through his hair. The past events must have taken a toll on him. I had no idea how long the time had passed but our peaceful time was suddenly disturbed when I heard the unlocking sound of the door.