Chapter 2: Happy to be your saviour

Laila's POV

" Now, let us all welcome Miss Laila Condes!"

Screams filled my ears as I walk towards the center stage. I try to keep my smile natural as possible but I know well that I look so uncomfortable. The host gestured for me to stand beside her.

I stood frozen in shock to see banners with my name on it. I never expected to have such many fans. I wave and smile to the crowd causing for an uproar. I took a seat next to the other authors at the sofa.

The host continued to introduce the others. After all authors were settled at the sofa provided, the program started. A special trailer made for each of our books were shown and all throughout the crowd never failed to show their support.

"We will now have our open forum wherein fans may ask question to any of our authors here today. I suggest for you guys to be creative enough, we may unravel some things regarding their work and confirm theories you guys, the fans have speculated regarding their works or even personal life" the host encourage the crowd.

People soon immediately line up in front of the mic stand at the center of the crowd. Wanting to be the first to ask questions.

I bit my lower lip, I know perfectly well that going for interviews can only lead to either good or bad given the situation and right now I'm in no place.

If it wasn't for Clarisse for finally convincing me to have a social life I wouldn't even think of coming in such events. Even after I finally made a name in the industry, unlike the others, I never had any fanmeeting events or accepted any invitations either. My agents would always urged me but I just thought it is such a drag.

"I have a question for Miss Laila." I heard someone say and saw a girl about fourteen years old.

A mic was passed down on me.

"Miss Laila, I'm a huge fan and been waiting if you'll have a booksigning event soon." the girl cheekily said. "Anyway, I've been wondering if any of your characters resemble any personality to you. I mean if there's a character that you can say resembles you?"

All eyes where on me. That's a good question and I have to think hard. I never thought of it before but thinking now, I may have put a part of myself in those characters. Maybe that is one reason it was so easy for me to write those scenes.

"Hi, you got me thinking, " I awkwardly answered.  " To answer your question, yes I did maybe unintentionally had put some of my personalities in my characters especially to Jane. But it wasn't just me. People close to me are all described in my books. And I won't reveal it even to them which characters took after them."

"You said Jane, did you also had experience something you regretted so much?" the girl continued to asked.

My mouth agaped. Suddenly I felt like the walls were closing in and I can't breathe. Memories I tried so hard to forget resurfaced. Doesn't everyone had done something they regret. That in the end they wished they never chose that option. Why did I carelessly said that one character.I should have been playful and left it to them to imagine and guess. Why did I have to be so damn honest. I should have learned this lesson long time ago.

"Don't we all have those moments we wished to never had happened?" the host saved me from answering. She looked at me and winked. "I had so many embarrassing moments that I can relate to Miss Laila in writing Jane."

I mouthed 'thanks' to her and she just nodded before continueing the open forum. Unlike the first one, the next questions asked to me are just simple like my favorites and if I ever want to switch place to any celeberities. The event continued for half an hour. I learned a lot from listening to other authors and from my fans. Clarisse is right, I should interact more with others.

"So before we end this program, I would like to remind everyone that you can visit your favorite authors in their booths as they prepare special events for you. And lastly I believe Ms . Laila will announce somthing for us." the host gestured for me to speak.

I turned the mic on again, "I actually  adapted into a film and this will be the first time the trailer for the movie will be released and show. The producers had a hard time convincing me to make it into a film right after it was published so you can guess how long that is."

"Let's all watch the trailer for Someday." The trailer was played on the screen and the crowd was all silent. After the trailer was showed. They all I can feel the shock and excitement from the crowd as they all scream and applause.

"Not only that but Miss Laila will also have her first ever booksigning tour. Date and places are shown on the screen and offiaciall announcement will be made soon so be sure to know the mechanics on how to get you pass for the events. I would like to thank you all our authors here for taking your time in being with us today." we all thanked the host and one by one we all move back to the backstage and in our waiting room.

The other authors were prepairing to go to their booth while I just sit there at my seat. Clarisse is nowhere to be seen. I spotted the host and decided to talk to her.

"Hey thank you for earlier." I said. She just smiled at me and looked as if she knows me well.

"It's okay. I totally understand. Sometimes they can just be really intrigued and hadn't realize they made us remember things we don't want to remember. Anyway you're a writer so it is only natural if you write your own experience." she told me as if she know things about me.

"What's your name again?" I had to ask.

"It's Ailyn." before I can say anything else, her manager called her. She said goodbye and I was left alone again.

Where in the hell is Clarisse?

I kept looking around for her. And since I don't havr my own booth I decided to wander around the place. I was surrounded by fans as soon as I stepped outside the waiting area. I took photos with them and even signed some books. Eventually they all excused themselves to enjoy the rest of the event.

"Hello gorgeous," a husky voice said as I feel a hand touch my lower back making me spin around.

"Henry!" I squashed him in a bear hug or more like the other way around. It's been years since I've seen him.

"I can say that you missed me so much," he laughed.

I playfully throw a light punch at him. We chatted for what I can say felt like forever. We've known each other since our last year in college because of a project. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't be able to meet him and wouldn't get to where I am now.

"So are you staying now?" I had to ask him.

His eyes averted my gaze "I still don't know." I pouted my lips making a puppy dog eyes that I know he couldn't resist.  "Oh! Stop that! Fine I guess I can stay here" he sighed in defeat.

I raised my hand in success, "Come on, we missed having you. Besides we can work on new project like old times."

He only shook his head. I excused myself to go to the comfort room when I accidentally slip and lost my balance. Thankfully he caught me just as I was about to fall flat on the floor.

"Thank you," I said. He help straighten me back still had his hands around me for support.

"Happy to be your savoir," he replied.

Just then we both heard a loud cough which made us to turn around and saw a person I didn't expect will be here.

"But I think you wouldn't be happy to what I'll do to that hands of yours if it stays to where it is."

************************************

Please Vote and Share.
What do you think so far?
I'll clear up any confusion soon.