Chapter 2 ✔️

"It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars." ~Richard Evens

~~~

I stare at him shocked. I hadn't expected him to say that, but I mean I'm seventeen so I guess I am young. But that doesn't stop me from doing what I love.

"What's your name?" His raspy voice rings.

"I'm Arabella, Mr. Styles." I reply, somewhat calmly. But the truth is, I'm freaking out on the inside.

"Don't call me that." He spats taking a seat at his desk. I'm shocked at his sudden outburst and it only makes me more terrified of him. Maybe this wasn't the best idea.

"I-I'm sorry." I say, standing awkwardly as I'm not directed where to sit at.

"You should deserve a punishment for that." He whispers mainly to himself, but I overhear. My heart beat increases and my hands start shaking.

"I-uhm. Maybe this wasn't the best option. I should-" He cuts me off before I even finish.

"Did I tell you to speak? I will let you get away with that one, but no more after that! Only because I haven't explained the rules to you." He smiles devilishly.

"Have a seat, Arabella." His voice sounds like poison. It gives me an unpleasant feeling.

I hesitantly take a seat in front of him. The only barrier being the clear glass desk. I can feel his eyes rake down to my chest. I slightly cover it up. I only do this, because my low self-esteem issues.

I'm not skinny like all those other girls at my school. They're all gorgeous and being around them drops me to level zero. I've gone through bullying and so much hate, there have been times where I tried to let go. I don't anymore, but I never know what's coming next.

"Don't cover up." His voice soothes, but more sarcastically.

"Please stop." I whisper feeling uncomfortable. I pull my arms closer around me.

"Stop what? You don't have anything that needs to be stared at anyways." His words cut me like a knife. I try to hold back my tears that form in my eyes.

"Don't think your anything special. I have seen better girls than you." It feels like being back at school. More tears form, but I try my hardest to hold them back.

"Mr. Styles, please stop!" My voice is shaky from his abuse. This is no less than the way I'm treated at school. Except sometimes I get physically abused in school.

"I told you not to call me Mr. Styles. Just because you're new and young doesn't mean you get any special treatment. Don't you dare think you can come in here and act all confident and shît! You may think your gorgeous and skinny, but the truth is your less than every other worker here and surely fatter. So you can stop being a little bitch about it." I look up to see a smirk playing on his face.

I quickly get up and wipe the few tears that fell and speed walk out of his room. After I'm out of his sight I take a sprint towards the stairs and run down them and out the door.

After I'm a few yards away from the building I break in sobs and my breathing becomes uneven.

This was no better than school. What was I thinking. I'm an idiot. This was the worst idea I've ever had. Everything he said was right. I am less than every worker there, I'm uglier and surely fatter.

What was I thinking?

//

check out my new stories Breathless as well as Naked (: