Chapter 1✔️

"It's in your nature, to destroy everything you touch" ~Anonymous.

~~~

"Arabella! Hurry up, you should know Mr. Styles does not like waiting." I hear my dads voice booming from downstairs. I roll my eyes at his comment.

Mr. Styles is my boss, and I was lucky enough to be able to work as his assistant. He was the only person who would hire me at seventeen. I will be turning eighteen next year, but I couldn't wait until then. I prefer to start preparing for college ahead of time.

"I'm coming!" I cheerfully say back. I pull on my ankle boots and smooth out my light pink dress, reaching just above my knees.

I haven't exactly met him yet, but I'm hoping to make a good impression on him. All I've heard about him, was he is one of the richest men in the UK. He's also twenty-nine years old. Which is quite an impression, considering his young age.

"I'm here dad!" I cheer giving him a kiss on the cheek. He puts down his coffee and gives me a hug.

"Ready for your first day sweetheart?" He laughs and I join along. I love the way we get along. He's really the only person I can truly trust, considering nobody really likes me in school. I know why, but I choose to ignore it.

I prefer not to think about that, especially on my first day of work. I'm really hoping this money will help me with college and I won't be in debt so much once I start.

"Let's go sweetheart, Mr. Styles is not a patient man." My dad says for probably the tenth time today, but I nod anyway. He grabs the car keys and we walk to the car.

Styles Inc.

The sign read in large letters. My heart beats faster as I get even more nervous by the second.

"Good luck sweetheart!" My dad happily mumbles kissing my cheek. I smile and wave back at him as I enter the building.

I go straight to the front desk, asking for Mr. Styles.

"And who may you be?" The office secretary asks me. Not rudely, but more in a friendly and welcoming way. She seemed about in her early twenties, which was quite a relief if you ask me.

"I am Mr. Styles new assistant. Oh and my name is Arabella! But you can call me Ara or Bella, but I think I like Bella better or maybe even Ara. I don't really know. Which ever one you prefer." I rant on and she laughs at my nervousness.

"Okay Bella. I rung and told Sir his new assistant will be up." The workers here must have to call him Sir. Quite strange actually.

"Okay. Thanks." I nervously say. My heart beat becoming more prominent as each second passes by, leaving me more nervous than the last.

"No problem. He's on the top floor and last door to the left. Good luck." Her voice sounds strange for some reason as if she's trying to hint at something, but I don't know...

I hesitantly nod and make my way to the elevator. I press the 60th -the highest- floor and wait as the elevator leads me up.

"Last room on the left." I whisper to myself remembering the directions that the secretary lady gave to me. Oh! I forgot to ask her name. I'll have to make sure to do that soon.

I finally reach the last door and smooth my dress out. I pick up my hand to knock on the door- three times to be exact.

I wait a few moments as my heart beat increases by 100x beats- each minute. Soon enough a tall man opens the door.

My mouth hangs open as I take in his perpetual beauty. Hypnotizing green orbs that shine brighter than the sun itself. Hair that flows perfectly and is styled to perfection itself. His lips hold up a smirk as he catches me staring at him.