Chapter 37 » the end

I slam the door to his car closed, going out into the open road. Harry comes after me, slamming the driver door as well. He runs after me. It's a surprisingly busy street, and I have to stay on a line so that I don't get run over. He screams after me, but I keep going. This whole thing has been nothing but shït. I need to leave.

"ARABELLA, FOR GOD SAKES STOP WALKING! I WANT TO TALK!" He says, taking off his polished black ray bans.

"NO! I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU! I HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE!" I say, but the cars are too fast, I have to wait for the next ones to pass.

"ARABELLA, I'M HOPELESSLY IN LOVE WITH YOU!" Harry says, crying out now.

I stop. Everything stops. He never said that. After all this time, after all this pain and heartbreak and sex and living and sweet nothings and everything being abandoned does he tell me that he's in love with me, a tool for him to use at will. I laugh to myself. Look at how easy it is for him to say that. Look at how pathetic that makes me look. I can't take it.

"Now that I have your attention..."

I turn back to him, glaring at him and his pained face.

"You took the liberty, all this time, to abuse me. You treated me as insignificant, lowly, half born, and despicable. You think that after all this time I'm suddenly going to love you and accept you and just kiss you and make it better? That's not how it works Harry Styles, that's not how it is!"

He stands there, confused and dazed.

"I thought I could finally trust you. I thought with all that I've given you, and all that I've put up with that you could finally be decent to me instead. But you don't get it do you? Because you're an adult, and you get what you want, and when you want it. You're the head of everything, you handle all the so called tough jobs. It's sickening how you think you're entitled to me! A fücking human being with feelings and thoughts and a heartbeat! I'm not furniture, I'm much more than that. Not only that, you are much older than me!"

Harry frowns. "What the hëll does that have to do with anything?" He screams at me.

"EVERYTHING! NO ONE WHO'S NORMAL DOES THAT, UNLESS THEY'RE PAID! IM NOT PAID, EXCEPT WITH ANGER AND HARSHNESS!"

Harry looked off to the side. He was clearly upset, which I've never seen him like this.

"Maybe you're right. Maybe I should just give up. Maybe I should just be done with this. I told you I love you and you threw it away!" Harry screamed. He was never this emotional. He means it.

"I'm not throwing it away. I'm just taking a break from being on the run all the time," I say, getting upset like he was.

"I understand, Bella. I respect you." He says, walking over to where I was.

"You do?" I ask, smiling and pushing my hair back.

"I've never respected someone as much as you, even after what I've done," Harry says through a bright smile.

I laugh at him, and wrap my arms around him, the cars still whirring around us. They made way for what we were doing. Coming back together.

"C'mon, let's get out of here, Bella."

"Yes, daddy."

"No, don't call me by that awful name. Call me Harry," he says, letting go of me and looking straight on at me.

Yeah. This is who I'm staying with.

"Harry, I love you."

"As do I, my Bella."