19

y/n's pov
i slightly open my eyes and saw two pair of legs so i jolt awake.

"oh my god," i say, sitting up.

i woke up mattia by saying that.

"oh fuck, what time is it we have school," mattia says.

"that's what you're worried about right now ?" i yell. i rub my temple. "we-we were drunk- i-i was drunk."

"we both still wanted it," mattia justified.

"no i didn't," i lied. "i have to go."

"do you actually like cameron?" mattia asks out of nowhere.

"yeah of course i do."

"i don't think you do," mattia says quietly.

"i was drunk. i didn't know what was going on."

"okay but you still have that photo of us in the locket i gave you and when you kiss me, it doesn't feel like just a kiss," mattia argued.

"i can't do this right now," i say and put one of my legs out the window but i look back at him. "mattia do you like me?"

"what no! of course not," he says defensively.

of course he doesn't. what was i thinking.

at school
"hey," said paige. "you okay? you look a little bit off."

"i slept with mattia last night," i say quietly. "i was drunk."

"oh my god," paige exclaims. "did you tell cameron yet?"

"no," i start tearing up. "i don't even know how i'm going to look at him. i fucked up paige."

she pulls me into a hug and i cry into her shoulder.
"y/n.. do you like mattia?"

"maybe.." i mumble. "but i like cameron too."

"i think you like mattia a littttlleee bit more."

"doesn't matter. he told me this morning he doesn't like me," i respond.

"i'm sorry baby," paige lays her cheek on top of my head. "maybe it's best that you stay away from mattia— just until you lose feelings. it's only fair to cameron."

"yeah," i agree. "you're right.

2nd period

i walk into class and see mattia sitting at our table. i walk over to our teacher so i can ask her to change seats.

"hi, mrs. miller, can i move seats by any chance?" i ask politely.

"oh how come?" she replies.

"mattia and i just going through things. id be great if i can sit anywhere else."

"oh sure.. you're gonna have to give me a day to figure it out. can you sit next to him just for today," she asks.

"yeah.. no problem," i say and walk towards my seat.

"hey.." mattia says awkwardly. "uh why were you talking to mrs. miller?"

"i asked to move seats," i say while scratching my nose.

"what? why?" he asks, raising his voice.

"i just don't think i can be around you, it's too risky."

"well we aren't gonna do anything in the middle of class.." he says.

"i just think it's better we avoid each other for a little bit. okay?"

"what? no— you said we can be friends still," he argued. i didn't say anything and looked at the front of the classroom. "you were the one who said you wanted me in your life," he says but i continue to ignore him. "fine whatever, it was just a stupid game anyway. i was bored."

his comment hurt me a little bit because it wasn't just a game to me anymore. i didn't show any emotions and ignored him for the rest of class.

mattias pov
did i mean what i said ? no. it wasn't just a game to me. i like her, i don't know why i told her i didnt. i wish we never slept together last night, things would be different— we would still be friends. or on talking terms at least.

if i wasn't going to talk to y/n i needed a distraction.

2 weeks later
not talking to y/n for this long hurt like shit. whenever something new happened, she was the first person i wanted to tell.

i even learned some of her soccer tricks that i saw her do when we had that 1v1. my distractions aren't helping— ive been sleeping with claire and any other hot girl i could find.

but no one could compare to y/n.

.