13

the next day..

y/n's pov

2nd period.

it was 10 minutes in and mattia still hasn't showed up. was he absent?

my question was answered when a few moments later he walked through the door with his hair all messed up, his shirt all wrinkled and a hickey near his collarbone.

he was with someone else.. my heart sank a little bit and i felt jealously stir up in me. why am i jealous? i shouldn't be— he can fuck whoever he wants.

so instead of getting mad, i decided that i was going to pretend to be cool with it.

mattia sits down next to me. "my mann," i said and fist bump him.

mattia looked a little bit confused, as if he expected a different reaction.

"how was it?" i ask.

"how.. was what?" mattia says confused.

"the sex..?" i respond sassily.

"oh.. it was good i guess," mattia says dryly.

mattia's pov

i expected y/n to be mad or give me at least some attitude but she applauded me for it.

that frustrated me, i can't seem to get under her skin. she just doesn't care, so why do i care ?

y/n's pov

lunch

"hey paige you wanna go shopping after school on thursday ?" i ask. "for the banquet"

"yeah sure," she says.

"y'all better cheer for me when they announce me," says jason.

"for what?" i ask, confused.

"did you guys forget i've been on the football team since day 1?" jason says.

"oh i knew that," i lie. "yeah yeah you'll hear us the most."

"yeah for sure," paige says, also forgetting he was on the football team as well.

jason roll his eyes and eats his food.

thursday
at the mall

"are you going with anyone to the banquet?" paige asks.

"uh yeah i asked cameron to come with me,"
i reply. "how about you?"

"i'm going with kairi actually."

"what?" i say shocked. "i didn't know you talked to kairi"

"yeah we just started talking recently and he asked me to go with him. i think it's just as friends though," she says kinda sad.

"well i'm sure he's into you."

we get to the store and i lay my eyes on the most beautiful dress i have ever seen.

"she's beautiful," i say as inspect the dress

"that would look so good on you,"paige says sweetly.

i turn around and see a dress that would look amazing on paige. "now that would look good on you."

paige turns around and see the red dress i'm talking about

"paige turns around and see the red dress i'm talking about

"holy shit she's gorgeous," paige says as she runs up to it. "it's mine."

we both laugh and try on our dresses.

they looked amazing on us so we decided to purchase it.

as i'm line, i see something that catches my attention. i grab and knew the perfect person to give it to.

friday after school
mattias pov

text from y/n 💗🤢
y/n: hey can you meet me at my car. usual parking spot.
mattia: yea on my way

hm i wonder why she asked me to meet her.
when i get to the parking lot i see her lean against her car playing on her phone. she looks up and sees me.

"i have something for you,"she says, excited. she pulls out a small thin box and hands it to me. "open it open it open it."

i look at her strangely. "okay.."

when i open it i saw a thin golden chain necklace.

my mouth slightly drops and i cover my eyes from how happy i was

"do you like it ?" she asks nervously. "i figured it'd go well with your tux or whatever you're wearing. i just knew it'd look good on you."

"i love it," i say sincerely. "thank you y/n." i couldn't stop smiling.

i put the box down and put it on top off her car and pull her into hug. it wasn't just because i liked the chain but the fact that she thought of buying it for me.

"i can't wait to wear it tonight ," i say as i grab the box back.

"oh thank god i was scared it wasn't your style," she says relieved.

honestly even if it wasn't my style, i'd still wear anything that she gives me

.