17

y/n's pov

tomorrow afternoon
i went on my date with cameron and we ended up going to the movies. both of us had a good time but i kept wishing it was mattia that i was with.

it wasn't that cameron wasn't likable, he is. maybe if i met cameron first, things would be different but that wasn't the case.

"that's a cute locket," cameron points out.

"oh thank you, it was a gift," i say awkwardly.

"does it have a picture inside?" cameron asks.

yes. "no it doesn't," i lied. "i kinda just wanna keep it empty."

home
i was chilling on my bed until i heard a knock to my right.

mattia was knocking on his window to get my attention so i walked over and open mine while he opened his.

"hey what're you up to?" he asks.

"i just came back from my date." i reply. "wanna come over?"

"sure," mattia answers and then he climbs over to my room. "there's a party tonight at alejandro's, wanna come?"

"yeah sure. can i invite paige?" i ask.

"yeah, i know kairi gon be happy about that."

"i think they're hitting it off pretty well. do you know if he likes her ?"

"yeah i think he does. does paige like him?"

"oh yeah she for sure does."

we both chuckle at how our best friends like each other. i start thinking about how we could've gone on double dates all the time if mattia and i were together.

"so uhm, how was your date with cameron?" mattia asks.

"it was good we went to the movies and he asked about my locket."

"is the picture still inside?"

i open it up, revealing the photo of us inside. "i dont really wanna take it out. it belongs there."

"yeah it was one of the first times we really bonded," mattia adds.

"do you wanna go to the party together ? like drive there together?" i ask.

"yeah i'm down. we can take my car."

at the party

mattia's pov
when we got there, we saw paige and kairi talking and sitting on the couch.

"hey mattia," alejandro says and then turns to y/n. "hey mamas."

"sorry to disappoint you but i have a boyfriend now," y/n says.

"mattia?" alejandro asks, shocked.

"no it's uh cameron. i don't think you know him," y/n corrects him.

"well he's a lucky guy," alejandro says and walks away to his other friends.

the fact that y/n now has a boyfriend made me sad. and little mad. tonight i just wanted to have fun and let loose to make me forget about my feelings for y/n.

i go to the kitchen and start drinking heavily.

a couple hours later...
by now i drank A LOT, i was full on drunk. a few minutes later, a girl came up to me.

"hey cutie," she says. "wanna dance?"

"yeah, lets go." i wasn't completely aware of my actions.

we go to the dance floor and she starts grinding on me with her back facing me. i put my hands on the side of her ass and began swaying her side to side.
i look around the room and saw y/n staring at us, frowning.

"wanna go somewhere private?" she asks.

i grin and she takes it as a yes. she grabs my wrist and leads me to a bedroom and starts kissing me.

i sit down on the bed with her in my lap and she starts kissing my neck.

"fuck y/n," i moan. shit

"who the fuck is y/n," she yells.

"no one. i'm sorry," i reply.

she slaps me across the face and exits the room.

y/n pov
i saw a girl take mattia into a bedroom and i got extremely sad. i drink a bottle of vodka and then i see the girl storm out of the room. she seemed mad.

not long after mattia walks out with his hand on his cheek and almost falls over. he's so drunk.

i walk over to him. "you okay?" i ask.

"she slapped me," mattia says chuckling. then he falls on me but i caught him.

"woah, maybe we should get you home," i say and put his arm around my shoulder and place my hand on his back to help him stand.

"okay," mattia responds.

i grab his keys from his pocket and walk to the car.

.