16

y/n's pov
i woke up and saw mattia still sleeping with his arms around me. i wanted to tell him about cameron but that might've been awkward since he's coming over for dinner tonight, so i guess i'll tell him after.

"morning," i say while kissing his jawline.

his eyes flutter open. "morning princess," mattia replies.

i play with his chain that he still has on and swirl it around my index finger.

"i'm never taking it off," mattia says as he as grabs my hand and kisses it.

our fingers started playing together until he interlocks them and smile.

an hour before dinner

text to cameron
y/n: hey cameron
cameron: hey y/n
y/n: ive thought about your question.
cameron: anddd..?
y/n: i'd love to be your girlfriend
seen
y/n: hello?
cameron: sorry i was busy jumping up and down and celebrating by myself.
y/n: i take it back 🥱
cameron: fuck u
y/n: i'm just playing
cameron: let me take you out on a second date.
y/n: well i'm busy today so tomorrow? lunch?
cameron: sounds good. see you then ❤️
y/n: okay bye cameron ❤️

"hey when's mattia coming over?," my mom asks.

"in about an hour," i respond. "i invited dominic too."

"alright perfect."

an hour later
mattia and dominic show up around the same time.

"hi mrs y/l/n," mattia greets my mom while shaking her hand.

"so you're the mattia y/n doesn't stop talking about," my mom jokes.

"what? no i don't," i yell.

"it's true, she does," dominic cuts in.

"can you not? the both of you, you're not funny," i say angrily.

mattia chuckles and the four of us head to the dining table.

i sit next to mattia across from my mom and mattia sits across from dominic.

"how'd you guys meet?," my mom asks.

"well we've been going to the same school but never actually started talking until this year," mattia answers. "i didn't know what i was missing out on."

i give him a weird look while there was food in my mouth. this man is such a flirt

"well mattia you can come over any time," my mom says.

"thank you i appreciate it."

after dinner

"mom, mattia and i are gonna go upstairs," i say.

"okay," she replies. "dominic and i are gonna out with our other friends right now."

"okay," i say.

"thank you for dinner," mattia says as he approaches the stairs.

"of course, you're always welcomed to eat with us," my mom says.

"bye guys," dominic waves as he shuts the front door.

mattia and i get to my room and i figured now was the time to tell him.

"hey..." i say as i sit down on my bed. "i need to tell you something."

"sure, what's up," mattia responds as he sat down next to me.

"uh so yesterday night," i begin, "cameron asked me to be this girlfriend."

"oh.." he says disappointedly. "what did you say?"

"i gave him my answer today. i said yes."

mattia looks down and there was an awkward silence. 

"we can i still be friends," i say as i put my hand on top of his. "i still want you in my life."

"yeah okay," mattia says quietly. "i uh.. went to get this for you this afternoon."

he pulls out a jewelry box and hands it to me.

"oh mattia you didn't have to," i say while taking the box. i felt bad now.

"i wanted to."

i open the box and inside was a golden locket in a shaped of a heart.

"mattia it's beautiful," i say as i put the heart in my hand and inspect it.

"open the locket."

i open the locket and inside was a picture of mattia and i slow dancing the night of the banquet. we were both smiling at each other as my hands were on his shoulder and his were at my waist. my heart.

"you can take out the picture if you want but i just wanted you to have it," mattia says.

"help me put it on," i say smiling.

mattia's pov
i grab the locket from her as she turns around. y/n puts her hair aside as put it on for her.

she turns back around and looks down at it laying on her chest.

"it suits you," i say.

"thank you. i love it."

she pulls me into a hug and then looks at me. i wanted to tell her that i liked her and that i wanted her to be mine.

y/n kisses me one last time and i go back to my room.

.