Chapter 53: Home Again

Dani's POV
My lips tingled while I was driving home. The sensation of Gunner's lips on mine was still felt. Why would he do that? Why would he kiss me? Thoughts ran rabid through my head. Why did he kiss me?

Maybe he's just trying to screw with my mind. I can't let this bother me. I have Clyde, and that's all that matters. When I pull up to my apartment building it's 1:00am. Everything is quite, except for a few stray cats running around.

I wonder if Mrs. Carol, my neighbor, noticed my absence. If she did I'd need an excuse. I'll just tell her I went to visit some relatives. My body aches, I am sore all over. I can't wait to take a
nice hot shower

I have to walk up the stairs to my apartment, some idiots broke the elevator. Luckily I only live on the third floor. My hands fumble to find the light switch as I enter my apartment. When I finally find it, I flick the switch and bright lights come on.

I throw all my stuff down beside my couch and decide to leave it until I've had a good nights rest. My feet drag as I walk to the bathroom. I strip out of my dirty clothes and turn on the radio.
Music pours out as I slip in the hot water of the shower.

Skid Row's I Remember You played on the radio. The hot water soothed my muscles and washed all the dirt and grime from my body. It felt like paradise.

I dried my hair and slipped into some fresh pajamas after I exited the shower. I sank in to my mattress and fell asleep almost immediately.

""""""""""""""""""""""'""""""""""

Message me with some of your ideas and things you might like to happen in the story.
I don't own The Expendables. No copyright intended. I only own Dani, Tara, and the plot.
Please comment and vote. Tell me some of your ideas and things I need to improve on!