Chapter 21: Landing

Dani's POV
When we landed everyone got up, gathered their things and walked right past me. I still couldn't walk on my left leg, it hurt way to much to try. Barney and Lee were the last ones left on the plane. I cleared my throat. They turned around and realized what they ha forgot.

"Oh right, sorry about that love," Lee said, his pure British accent oozing from each word.

"Here, I'll help her and you get the bags," Barney said. He held his hand out to me and helped pull from my sitting position. He supported me on my left side, wrapping his arm around my waist and I wrapped my arm around his neck.

"You just didn't want to get the bags!" Lee called to Barney as we walked away.

"Damn straight!" Barney said laughingly to Lee. I chuckled at their antics.

"You think you can make it down the stairs?" Barney asked. I nodded. It was difficult but we managed. As we exited the plane I took in my surroundings. We were on a landing strip and beside that was a building that looked like it had been a small warehouse and was converted into a house.

"Ok let's just sit you down on the couch here," Barney said when we entered the building. It looked like a home indeed on the inside. It looked like something you would see hardcore military retirees live in.

"I'm guessing this is your humble abode," I said.

"Yep, whole place to myself," Barney a said and helped me lay down on the couch.

"Thanks for the help," I said.

"Anytime,kid," He responded. I smiled when he walked away. The exhaustion finally got me and I fell asleep.

Tara's POV
Dani was sleeping peacefully on Barney's couch and Rebecca had fallen asleep in the floor next to her. They'd been asleep for about an hour. Church and Rebecca's dad would be here soon.

Dani's POV
I was woken up by someone shaking me and yelling in my ear.

"Ok I'm up," I said.

"Ok, Church and Mr. Delousi are here," Tara said softly. I sat up, and saw that Rebecca was hugging her father tightly. Church walked towards me.

"You ready to go?" He asked. I nodded and he helped me up and helped me limp over to Rebecca.

"Hey, if you ever need or want to talk, just give me a call," I told her.

"I will, thank you," She said, hugging me. This is what made the jobs, the injuries and near death experiences worth it. After we had said goodbye and I left the guys mine and Tara's phone number, Church, myself, and Tara loaded our stuff in Church's jet and got ourselves comfortable, we left.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
I don't own The Expendables. No copyright intended. I only own Dani, Tara, and the plot.