Chapter 17: Ready

Dani's POV

Gunnar and I managed to change the bedding and get showers before the others came back. We had just broken one of the unspoken rules of being a mercenary. Never have sexual relations during a mission because it could blur your judgement in the field. It was six hours before mission time. We were all cleaning our guns and checking parts, making sure they wouldn't jam on us.

Lee cleaned his knives in such a meticulous manner you'd think he thought they were his children. Gunner and I were acting as if nothing had happened. It's not like that little incident meant anything. It was just a quick hook up. A brief moment of lust.

"Ok, we'll head out at 10:00," Barney said. It was now about six. I was stir crazy, like I always am before a mission.

"Hey Dani, you up to cooking right now?," Barney asked. I nodded.

"Ya, I'll go get started on something," I said while getting up and walking to the kitchen. What to make? Hmmmmm.........I have no clue. Ehh I'll just order room service. I ordered 8 steak all medium rare. Once I got off the phone I walked back into the living room and plopped down on the couch next to Yin. I propped my feet up in his lap. He looked over at me and shrugged and went back to arguing with Gunner, who was poking fun at his height again.

"Hey! He's not short, he's fun sized," I told Gunner. Yin smiled a little.

"Only she can say that cause she's shorter than me," Yin said. We all laughed.

"Hey Martha Stewart aren't you supposed to be cooking," Gunner said.

"It's called room service asshole," I said flashing him a grin. His smirked turned into an angry frown. Just as he was about to say something a knock came at the door.

"Who is it!" I yelled at the door in French.

"Room Service," was shouted back at me in French. I opened the door and he rolled in the cart carrying our food. He sat everything on our table and I have him a tip.

After we ate it was 7:30. We started getting ready. We pulled on our protective combat gear. Tara and I pulled our hair into ponytails. I slipped two knives into my right boot and holstered my gun at my hip. When I saw the guys I did a silent double take. Sexy was the only word to describe them.

"""""""""""""""'''''''''''''''''''''''"""""""""""""""

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in awhile. I've been so busy with other stuff. Anyway, I really need to know what you think about my story and any suggestions you might have.

Comment!.........................Vote!

I don't own The Expendables. No copyright intended. I only own Dani, Tara, and the plot.