Chapter 26: Apartment Hunting part 1

Tara's POV
We continued talking with guys until we noticed the time. The clock read 11:30. I was tried and Dani was dozing off here an there.

"Well as thrilling as this has been boys, I think we outta go find a motel for the night and get some shut eye," I said. Dani mumbled something that sounded like she was agreeing.

"Well, when you get there tell us where you are staying," Barney replied.

"Okay," a sleepy Dani complied. She picked up her purse and said a quick goodbye to the guys and was out the door, same as me. We got into our separate vehicles and I lead us to the same crappy motel we had stayed in months ago. Dani stumbled in and fell on the bed in a dead sleep.

I went and took my shower and promptly went to bed. My thought as I drifted of to sleep was I hope this works out.

Dani's POV
I had been awake for a couple of hours when there was a knock on Tara and I's motel door. I went and opened the door and saw Gunner and Barney.

"Hey, I figured that since you to don't know your way around town, we could help you find an apartment," Barney stated.

"Thanks lemme go get Tara and my wallet and we can go," I said. I walked into the bathroom and saw Tara brushing her hair.

"Barney and Gunner are here to help us find apartments," I told her.

"Ok, I'm ready!" She said handing me my hairbrush. Because Tara hadn't packed a change of clothes, she was in the same jeans and t shirt as yesterday. Luckily I still had my luggage in my car from Australia. I had changed into skin tight red leather pants and a black ACDC off the shoulder, belly shirt. I also slipped on a pair of black heels.

Tara and I gather the few things that we had in the room and then met Barney and Gunner outside. Gunner looked me up and down and winked at me when Barney and Tara weren't looking. I just rolled my eyes.

"Maybe we should split up? I take Dani and you take Tara? We'd cover more ground that way," Gunner suggested. I should have known he'd do that.

"Ok, works for me, let's go," Barney said. He took off walking in the direction of his truck. He had parked right beside my car.

"Mine or yours?" I asked Gunner. He looked like he was actually having to think about this.

"Mine," He said.

"Ok, where'd you park?" I asked.

"You might want to grab a hair tie," he said offhandedly.

"Why the fuck do I need a hair tie!" I said sharply and forcefully.

"Just get one!" Gunner said with an authoritative tone is voice. When I grabbed one out of my car I saw that Barney and Tara had already left.

""""""""""""""""""""""'"""""""""""
I don't own The Expendables. No copyright intended. I only own Dani, Tara, and the plot.

Please comment and vote. Tell me some of your ideas and things I need to improve on!