Chapter 27: Apartment Hunting part 2

Dani's POV

I secured my hair in a red hair tie, and then Gunner lead me to a beautiful chopper. It was painted electric blue which was my favorite color. Gunner straddled the bike.

"Well cupcake, ya gettin on?" He asked smartly.

"Yes! And don't call me cupcake," I said and I sat behind him on the bike. He purposely took off fast so I would have to wrapped my arms around his torso.

I didn't have to see his face to know he was grinning like a Cheshire Cat.

"You know I'm thinking you just wanted me to have to straddle you," I said in his hear. Over the wind I could here him laughing. Ugh, men. We pulled up to an apartment building and parked the bike. After we got off we went and spoke to the manager about available apartments. The first one we looked at was 32B.

"This looks awesome," I stated walking around. The apartment had a fair sized kitchen, a living room, two bedrooms, and one bathroom. Just then a little old lady entered the apartment.

"Oh hello Mrs. Carol," The manager said. "I was just showing the apartment to this lovely couple."

I snorted," We are not a couple, he's a friend and I'm new in town so he's showing me around."

"Oh well," The manager stuttered awkwardly. The woman walked up to me and shook my hand.

"My names Denise Carol, I live next door," She said.

"It's nice to meet you Mrs. Carol, my name's Dani Prescott," I stated, smiling warmly at her.

"Well deary, what do you think I the place," She asked.

"I love it, in fact, I'll take it," I said looking at her and then the manager.

"Oh, wonderful! It will be lovely having a such sweet girl as my neighbor," She said smiling, she turned and walked out of the door saying," Well I'm going to go let you take care of the paperwork, I think I'll make a batch of cookies. Dear, do come over sometime."

"I will Mrs. Carol," I called after her. "Such a sweet lady."

"Yes, she is," The manager agreed. "Anyway down to the paperwork."

After I had everything finished and paid my rent for the entire year Gunner and I were both hungry and it was lunch time. Gunner suggested we go to this dinner down the street. This place looked like a dinner from the '50s. Gunner order a burger and fries and a chocolate milkshake and I order chicken strips and fries and a chocolate milk shake.

"Ok, this has got to be some the best food I ever had," I said biting into a fry.

Gunner chuckled," I thought you say that."

I smiled," I wonder if Tara found an apartment yet."

"Maybe Barney'll text me if she does," Gunner replied.

I grinned really big," So tell me, I'm dying to know, what's it like being a giant?"

"I'll tell you, when you tell me what it's like to be a midget," He said laughing.

"You are a jerk," I said but I laughed along with him. When we were finished I tried to pay for mine but he wouldn't let me.

"Fine! But I've got the tip," I said.

"Fine, we'll compromise," He told me. I left the waitress a $20 dollar tip, even though the tip was only supposed to be like $5.

"Well aren't you generous," Gunner said smiling.

"I just like I help people," I told him. "Where to now?"

"I don't know, it's 2 o'clock now. Barn wanted us and the rest of the team to meet up at Tool's at 6," He answered.

"Well we have four hours to kill," I said. "Let's just ride for a little while."

"I like the way you think," Gunner replied smirking.

""""""""""""""""""""""'"""""""""""

I don't own The Expendables. No copyright intended. I only own Dani, Tara, and the plot.

Please comment and vote. Tell me some of your ideas and things I need to improve on!