Chapter 3: The Consequence

When anger rises, think of the consequences.

-Confucius

Leila Fiorenza's POV

The last thing I expected when I hastily run back to Spain to save my twin sister from the mistake that my ex-lover made when he accidentally forced Laila to come with him back in Spain—thinking that my twin was actually me was to be in his arms again.

Everything changed now. I was back to my old life and about to marry someone else less than thirty-six hours from now. I shouldn't be kissing him back now. It might give him the wrong impression but I couldn't help it. The pleasure to be in his arms again was too much that I couldn't think straight.

I moaned when he drew me even closer to him. I could almost feel the heat coming from his body. I automatically put my hands on his hard well-defined chest to push him but he held me fast. I wanted to rip my mouth from his but my brain wasn't listening to me.

He invaded my mouth as if he owns it, he changed the angle of the kiss so he could get better access to my mouth. He was always like this I hated him that he knew how I like to be kissed. But I hated myself even more because despite everything I enjoying being kissed by him—so much.

Suddenly, he released me. I could still see the fire in the depth of his golden eyes as his breath was as deep a mine. "Aren't you going to tell me something?"

His question caught me off-guard. I automatically took a step backward to put some space between us. But my heart pounded so loudly in my chest. I have a feeling about what he was talking about. "What?"

He smiled grimly in my direction as he placed his large hand on my belly. It felt like his touch burned my stomach on the spot. "The little secret you are hiding to me, querida."

I should have known that he will notice it. Not that I could blame him my pregnancy is already on its sixteenth week. I took a step back again as I formulated a good reply to his question. Should I tell him the truth or deny it? "Uh—"

"Speechless, Leila?"

I glared at him heatedly.  "All right, fine. I'm four months pregnant, Leandro. Happy?"

The naked shock was visible in his expressive eyes. I could tell that he wasn't expecting me to admit the truth. "I thought you said that you are on the pill?"

"Yes, I was." I took away from his intense eyes and I took a deep sighed. "I'm a better-safe-than-sorry kind of girl. When we're together I'm only waiting for my period to arrive so I could visit my doctor again. But my period was irregular that makes it a little hard to keep track of it monthly."

"But—"

I smiled bravely in his direction. I don't want him to feel trap in me because I happened to carry his baby. "You don't have to worry about it, Leandro. I didn't set this up to snag you into marriage. I am aware that family isn't at the top of your bachelor's list. I will raise this baby on my own."

Storms swirled in his eyes, I could see the anger started to get on him but he kept it in check. He took a deep breath as he stared deep into my eyes. "I thought you said you are getting married tomorrow?"

"Yes," I stared back at him unblinking. "I'm getting married to my childhood friend, Rafe."

Leandro's eyes darkened. "Are you aware of the fact that child is mine?"

"Yes."

He moved closer to me, removing the distance that separated us in one stride. "Then, how can you marry someone else when you knew that you are carrying my child?"