Chapter 5: Where Did The Closet Go?

His shaggy black hair hanging in his shocked eyes. It was hard to believe what I was seeing. Jaycob cooler was watching me watch him. This is probably the WORST possible thing that could happen. I looked at Ryan and his face was completely horrified. If we hadn't just had the talk I'm pretty sure he would have punched me and said something about being a fag. 

        "And the closet door cracks." I mumbled and looked back to Jaycob. 

        "Payne, you played me?" Jaycob asked me.

        "What are you talking about?"

        "All that 'my hero' bullshit your spilled to me. Every time I saved you he was around. I can take a pretty good guess and say that this was all meant to happen all along. How long exactly have you two been fooling around?" Now I realized what he was saying, he thought I was faking the tears at the dorm and in the locker room but I wasn't he has to know that. 

        "Why does it matter to you, Jaycob?" Ryan asked speaking up. "You played Payne. So why does it matter how long we've been together?"  That was a very good  point. I looked at Jaycob waiting for his answer. 

        "I didn't play Payne, what are you talking about?" Ryan looked at me.

        "I'm nothing but a little fag to you. But I'm more to Ryan. I mean something to Ryan. Ryan actually cares about me and my feelings, oh and I don't have to worry about being pulverised for being friends or even more with Ryan." I said standing up for myself.

        Jaycob looked hurt, really hurt. "I came to explain that to you. I told you that you did mean something to me. That night was just a bad situation." 

        "I don't want to hear it and you better keep quiet about what your eyes saw." I said in my most threatening voice but seeing as how flamboyant I am it came out like a bunny telling a wolf to back off. 

        "Jaycob, please don't tell Derrick. I really like Payne and I don't want to lose my best friend." Jaycob laughed. Not a comical laugh though, his laugh was a spiteful laugh.

        "Payne I came out of the closet to protect you from my brother, asking nothing in return except maybe friendship. Ryan doesn't even have a big enough dick to come out of the closet because he's I'm guessing romantically involved with you because you were just eating each other's faces. I won't tell Derrick I just hope your conscious comes around and does my job for me." That was all Jaycob said before he walked off.  

        I looked at Ryan and bit my lip, "So how about that date?" I said trying to break the tension. 

        Ryan had his face bent towards the ground. He shook his head and opened his mouth to say something but it never came out. My mood dropped about 40 degrees. "I under-" 

        "He's right Payne." I looked at him horrified. 

        "Right about what?"

        "I'm chicken. I'm stupid, I'm dumb but I'm going to fix it." He said and he started towards the front of the building. 

        "Ryan what are you doing?"

        "I told you, I'm fixing this. I don't want Jaycob to be right. I don't want what Jaycob said to dissuade you from furthering our relationship. I'm going to tell the entire locker room about us."  He said making his way. My heart sank remembering what happened when I told my best friend in high school...

**

        I was so nervous. My leg wouldn't stop jumping, I couldn't stop biting my lip. Kyler came and sat down at the table. He was cute but how would he take my coming out. I'm really flamboyant but he never knew about me. What would he say? Would he tell the entire school?