Chapter 17: Official

A/N: Imagine this with long sleeves and it's the top of Payne's cheerleading uniform. The pants are black with maroon stripes.

**Payne's P.O.V.**

I turned over in my bed to be faced with emptiness. I should be able to sleep in my own bed without Jaycob by now...I would think.  It's hard though with the nightmares. I keep reliving the second worst day of my life over and over again in my head every night.

I just recently got over the soreness in my wrists and, and my downstairs area. However, in the love department, I'm good. Not a day goes by that Jaycob doesn't make me smile. He is so great. He said that after the game this weekend we were going to go somewhere for a surprise. He told me to pack an overnight bag. I wonder where he is taking me.

A light knock came to my door as I got out of bed. I walked up to the door and swung it open to see
Cora. I stood there with my mouth hanging to the floor. Cora has been avoiding Jaycob and I since that day.

"Cora, hey. What's up?" I covered up my shock.

"I just wanted to say coach said that practice is an hour earlier." She was shuffling her feet.

"Cora, where have you been?" I asked her.

"Oh you know, around." She wouldn't look me in the eye.

"Cora, babe. Tell me why you have been avoiding me like I'm going to start the end of the world." I begged.

"I hurt you." She mumbled.

I wrapped my arms around her shoulders. "Cora, you aren't the one that hurt me. That would be...him." It still hurt to think about him. To think about what he did to me.

"But..."

"No buts, now you are my best friend and I need you right now. The only thing you are doing to hurt me is staying away from me."

"Why do you need me when you have Jaycob?"

"Because you're my best friend, Cora."

"Well you should probably be getting ready. Practice will start soon."

"Alright." I went to my dresser and opened the bottom drawer and pulled out my black pants with the maroon stripe down both sides. The cheer top had long sleeves and was black. white and maroon. Not exactly my colors but I'd live with it.

Cora was waiting at the door. "You can come in if you want."

"Nah, I need to go get ready myself. Just get to the field as soon as possible. Coach said anyone that is late won't play in the game."

My eyes widened. This would be the first game I'd played in since...the incident. I can't miss out on another game. I quickly stepped into my uniform and ran down the hall and the stairs. At the bottom of the stairs there was a football player that I didn't recognize holding a red rose. What a lucky girl. When I reached him he held out the rose to me. I blinked in confusion.

"Wha-" I didn't get one word out as he walked away. That was just weird. I headed towards the door to the dorm. There was another football player, with another red rose. When I walked up to him he handed it to me and strode away. Da fuck was going on here? Everyone want to admit their love to me now? I shrugged it off and as I reached the gates of the football field there was once again another football player with another red rose. I blushed crimson red by the time I figured out what was happening. I just hoped the one I WANTED to be behind this was. I walk down the bleachers and there was a long line of football players with red  roses.  Ever time I took one rose they would run off. Before the end of the line, there was Derrick. He was holding a red rose. He handed it to me and whispered in  my ear before he walked away. "Just say yes, he is freaking out." I blushed redder as I seen my hero standing there in the middle of the football field. Tears flooded my eyes as he is holding a single, pure, white, rose.