Chapter 12: Triple Date

Jaycob's P.O.V.

"So, we're going to fake date?" I asked just to double check. "And this is going to make Payne fall in love with me?"

"Yes, it will." Kyler said and smirked at me. "Now call your brother."

"Why?" I asked.

"Call him, and tell him you have a boyfriend." I shrugged and did as he told me. If it got Payne to be mine I guess I don't really mind. He seems to know a lot about Payne; so he must know how to help me.

 ring ring "Hello?" I put him on speaker.

"Hey Rick."

"What's up, Jay?"

"I wanted to let you know that I have a boyfriend now."

"It's not the little cheerleader is it? Jay-"

"No, it isn't Payne."

"Okay, why did you call to tell me this."

"Because I was so happy I thought you would want to know about my happiness." I came up with a quick excuse.

"Yeah, well I want to meet him. Not just anybody can date my brother."

"Anyone can date me if I say so. It's my life, Derrick."

"Fine, whatever calm down. I still want to meet him."

I looked over at Kyler, and he nodded. "He wants to meet you too. He's really ecstatic about it."

"Bring him over now."

"To your dorm?"

"Uh, yeah."

"Right now?"

"Why not?"

"Uh...okay. We'll be over after a while."

"No, come now."

"I'll do what I want Derrick."

"JAYCOB!"

"Don't yell at me! I have a paper due tomorrow!"

"Please bring him now, I really want to see him."

"Well, we're going on a date today so I can't." I said.

"You just said you have a paper due, dude." He quipped. I didn't really have a paper but I didn't want Kyler to have to go through the third degree.

"I lied. I just wa-"

"Good then there's no problem with you, me, your boyfriend, and my girlfriend, going on a double date then."

"Derrick, Felicia broke up with you two days ago. You don't have a girlfriend."

He chuckled, "Doesn't mean I can't find one. Honestly, Jaycob you know me better than that." He started and he had point. He can go up to any girl and say 'hey go on a date with me' and that would be that. "Give me thirty minutes to get ready and ask her and we'll meet at that nice restaurant you like so much in town." I was sweating now.

I saw Kyler out of the corner of my eye trying to get my attention and I put Derrick on mute. "What?"

"Tell him to make it a triple date and invite Payne and his rude boyfriend." I smiled at the mention of Payne and frowned at the thought of going on a triple date with him. Well, with them. "Trust me, Jaycob. It'll be the best, most dramatic, dinner ever."

I nodded and took Derrick off of mute, "Hey Rick?" I asked to make sure he's still there.

"Yeah bro, what's up."