Chapter 2: Jaycob Cooler?

Today was different. Today was new. When I went to practice I found myself watching the kicker instead of the quaterback. Jaycob was good looking. And he had the personality. What else could a guy look for? Oh yeah. Someone who's brother wouldn't kill you for simply saying his name. Cora came up to me and pushed me down. I laughed and got back up.

        "Stop staring at him he'll kick your ass." She said.

        "Huh? No. I'm not staring at Derrick."

        "Yeah and I'm not a cheerleader." I playfully pushed her.

        "Seriously. I'm staring at Jaycob Cooler."

        "Jaycob Cooler?"

        "Yeah what do you know about him."

        "He's protected. Beyond protected. Don't mess with him." Believe me. I wanted to mess with him. "He has ties in the school and he is protected by Derrick and Grace." I shrugged and started warming up. 

        "What else do you know about him?"

        "He's shy and not really social." 

        "Okay." I said. I did a toe touch and then the next thing I know I am being pushed to the ground. I turn around expecting Derrick. 

        "Leave my fucking baby brother alone you dumb fag. He doesn't need you eye raping him too."

        "But he's just as sexy as you Derrick." Derrick punched me and Grace started to go to pull him off but some more of the player held her back. The team watched the football team suspicously. I had a feeling they were all in on it. 

        "Leave me and him alone we're not fags like you, you freak." He punched me. 

        "Eye rape is better than actual rape Rick." I heard the voice that sounded like honey. My hero was saving me again.

        "Jay stay the hell out of this. This doesn't concern you." 

        "I beg to differ big brother. I think this is because of me and I wont have that happen. Put him down Rick."

        "Yeah put me down Rick." He glared at me and spit in my face. 

        I hadn't seen Jaycob since yesterday. He refused to take me back to my dorm so I compromised and he took me to Cora's I told her that Derrick punched me a little but I didn't tell her about Ryan. Jaycob looked at me and feer struck through me.

        Jaycob came over to me and offered me his hand. I got up without touching him and went over to Grace. "Are you okay?" I asked her. 

        "Payne Don't be rude. Jaycob was being nice. Don't cold shoulder my cousin." She said confirming the rumors.

        "Sorry Grace I don't want to be killed by your other cousin. He's pissed for even glancing at him! I can take a lot of things but I'm not sure if I can take his wrath anymore."

        "What did he do?" I gulped and walked off the field.

        I heard Cora and Grace call after me but I kept walking tearing up. I went to the locker room. It would be empty since practice just started. I went over to my locker and laid my head against it closing my eyes. Fear of what happened yesterday crawled into my head when someone touched my shoulder I jumped and turned around.

        Ryan was looking at me with a smirk on his face. Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. "I wasn't kidding about making you my slut." I shook my head and tried to back up remembering my back was on the lockers now. He slammed his lips against mine and I tried to push him off but he took my hands in his and pushed them against my side. I started tearing up and cried.  He put his hand up my shirt slightly and then down my pants. I gasped and cried more. He put his tongue in my mouth  enjoying this. I was crying hard. 

        Ryan was shoved off of me and on the ground. I seen a blur on top of him punching him viciously. I wiped my eyes and realized that it was Jaycob. My hero. 

        I was still crying but I went over and pulled on Jaycob's arm. He didn't feel me and pulled his elbow back and hit my head. I grabbed my eye and started to fall. Jaycob stopped hitting and grabbed me. "I'm so sorry. I didn't see you. I didn't mean to. I'm so sorry."

        I sniffiled. "I-It's ok." He pulled me into his arms and hugged me tight. 

        "I'm sorry for getting in your space. I'm sorry for my brother. I'm sorry that you hate me because of him but I realy want to be your friend." I looked up at him. 

        "But your brother..." I said closing my eyes. 

        "I won't let him hurt you."

        "My hero." I smiled and hugged him back. 

        "So you'll be my friend?" I nodded and he hugged me tightly

        I pulled away from him and looked at him. "Friends. Dont sufficate each other." 

        He smiled, "Oh right." 

        Ryan groaned on the ground and I looked at him.

        Jaycob turned around and pointed his finger at Ryan, "Ryan if you ever touch Payne again I'll tell my brother that you sexually assaulted me." He said and pulled me out of the room and back to my friends. 

        Cora jumped at me and pulled me away from Jaycob, "What the hell did you do to him?" Cora yelled and accused.

        "It wasn't him Cora."

        "Then who was it?"

        "Nobody." I said looking down.

        "Can we hang out after practice Payne?" I nodded slowly and my eyes looked over at Derrick who was looking at me with a pissed expression. 

        "Promise he wont kill me?"

        "He'll try but I wont let him Payne. I'll be here for you."

        I nodded and went over to my friends. We went through practice and I walked with the girls towards the locker rooms. "Do you want to come to my room Payne?" Cora said

        "No...Jaycob wants to hang out with me. I-I want to see...If I can do this without having a heart attack and dying." 

       I walked into the locker room and took my shirt off not looking at anybody. I was shoved into my locker. I turned around and saw Derrick glaring at me. "Stay the fuck away from my brother." 

        Jaycob stepped behind him and tapped his shoulder. Derrick turned away towards him. "Get ready we're leaving as soon as you get dressed." I pulled on a Black v neck and left my cheer pants on and looked back at Derrick.

        "Jay you're not going anywhere with that fag." 

        "And are you going to stop me Rick?" He said challenging him. "I'm not a little kid anymore Der. I love you but you're stupid act of punching people because they like dick is stupid as fuck. He's my friend so back the fuck up."

        Derrick clenched his fist and Jaycob grabbed my wrist, "I'll tell mom and dad you're a fag." 

        "It wouldn't be a lie Rick." Jaycob said and I looked up at him shocked. I looked at Derrick and his jaw dropped.

        "That's not fucking funny Jay." 

        "I wasn't joking." He grabbed my face and pulled my lips to his. My eyes widened and I pulled away and ran out of the room. Off the field. Out of the parking lot. Off the campus and finally stopped when I reached a small creek. I went through the trees and down the hill. I laid against the hill and cried. Jaycob Cooler just kissed me.

        Jaycob Cooler

*************

A/N

Hey I know the chapter is really short but I'm trying. I'm really sorry. I have really good future for this book. I'll make the next chapter extra long if it make a difference.

-MB