Chapter 13: Ryan's Anger

Jaycob's P.O.V.

    That question kept ringing in my head. "What are we?" His answer was indistinguishable. It didn't bother me that Kyler and Ryan walked in on us. It only bothered me that Ryan was still being a dick. Why doesn't he understand? I won. Payne loves me. Payne wants to be with me. I just hope that the confrontation of it doesn't scare Payne again. I don't think I could handle him denying me anymore.

    "Ryan." Payne mummered.

    "Well, no dip dumbass. I'm your boyfriend." He glared at me when he said boyfriend. "Who did you expect to come, Payne?" Payne pulled his bottom lip between his teeth. This made me see red. He was hurting Payne with these words.

    "I didn't think 'boyfriends' called each other names. What do you think, Kyler?" He chuckled and shook his head.

    "No, I don't think that was very 'boyfriend' like." He said. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

     Payne looked at me, "Maybe you and Kyler should go get some coffee for me." He asked slightly. I frowned. No. Not again. He's pushing me away again. I can't handle the pain of that again. It was so hard last time.

     "I think that's a good idea." Ryan stated. "Get into a car accident while you're out." I glared at him.

     "I'm sure my brother would be so happy to hear you say that." I challenged. He gritted his teeth.

    "Please, do not speak to Jaycob like that." Payne said softly. I took half of my lip into my mouth. Maybe he wouldn't push me away.

    "Kyler, I could use a coffee too." He smiled and turned to go. I started to go but first Payne grabbed my hand under the cover and squeezed it reassuringly. 

     "Extra cream?" He asked. There was a twinkle in his eye when he looked at me.  No. This time was different. He wasn't going to run away this time. I smiled and pulled him close kissing him. I needed one last thing to be sure. I needed him to kiss me back. I needed this more than I needed the oxygen around me. He kissed back squeezing my hand and I smiled.

     "What the fuck!?" Ryan pulled me away from Payne but I still couldn't take my eyes off of him. I was going to marry that kid one day. I didn't need to look at Ryan to see the fist coming. I just expected it to hit me. The fist connected with Payne right jaw. Everyone in the room just stared at Ryan, except Payne. He stared at his cover. His lip wavered. It took me long enough to react but I pushed Ryan away from Payne and onto the floor. I probably wouldn't have been able to do that if he wasn't still in his boot. "Jay-"

    "Here's what you're going to do," I started. "you are going to pick your lousy self up, you are going to walk out that door, and you are never going to come back. If it isn't crystal clear to you I'll fill in the blanks for you; Payne loves me and I actually love him. He kissed me. I kissed him. I would never lay a hand on Payne. I will put my life down for him. You. Are. Over." I said the last three words threw clenched teeth. How could someone hurt someone as beautiful at Payne? Payne was the most beautiful human being on this earth.

    He started picking himself up, "Oh?" He questioned. "And who's going to make me?"

    "Who's all in favor of this ball of dickwod leaving?" I asked.

    I looked up and Kyler and I were the only ones with our hands raised. I looked at Payne painfully. "Pay-"

    "I need to talk to him." Payne cut me off. The smirk on Ryan's face said it all. I nodded and left the room. I could feel Kyler following me.