the vampire's touch. geralt's p.o.v.

Geralt instantly scowled as he stared down at this small town member, he was in no way pleased with the fact that this monster was a vampire

Geralt instantly scowled as he stared down at this small town member, he was in no way pleased with the fact that this monster was a vampire. He especially noticed that Jamie had grown very nervous as she laughed awkwardly.

"Geralt?"

"No." He said instantly, "I won't accept your coin." With that he got up and had every intent of getting the hell out of this town.

But he stopped as he felt her hands wrap around his arm, having to use both to fully grab him, "Geralt-"

"The answer is no, Jamie."

"But why?" Jamie stood firmly, despite her small stature she was still somehow able to do this unflinchingly, "These people are obviously scared, Geralt. They need help. You're going to not only help but get paid. And come on, I've been with you long enough to know you care enough about people."

Geralt released a long sigh through his nose, "You won't let me live this down if we leave, will you?"

"I won't." She says with a snicker, she brought her arms behind her back with a cheeky smile on her face. Which almost made Geralt crack a smile. "If we leave now, I will forever bring this up and use it to make you feel terribly guilty. So?"

Geralt stared down into her eyes with pure amusement, but he didn't have that same feeling of irritation when he first met her, "Fine."

"Thank you, witcher. Thank you-"

Instantly, Geralt shot a look down at her, "You're staying here."

He watched as her face dropped, "What? Why? I want to help, Geralt." She followed behind him like a little puppy, "I can help. You just need to tell me what to do-"

As to teach her a lesson, Geralt grabbed hold of her and flipped her easily, but made sure to carefully drop her to the ground. A long groan left her mouth, which made Geralt's jaw tense up. He pulled his sword out and pointed it down at her so she wouldn't get up.

"That wasn't funny."

"Wasn't meant to be." Geralt says calmly while retracting his blade, reaching down to help her up, "You come out with me and you will easily die."

"I- Well, I-I wouldn't say that. I mea, I haven't died yet when I'm with you-"

"You were just lucky." Geralt, in no way, wanted her anywhere near vampires. He couldn't just think about protecting her with a vampire around, "Stay."

"Stay." Came her mocking voice, he watched as she twirled her back to him. Her body was tensed up, clearly a little aggravated.

Geralt watched her go for a couple of seconds before he released a sigh, "Jamie."

Jamie barely turned around before he tossed a small coin bag at her, "What-" She caught it easily but stumbled from not expecting it.

"Get a room. I'll get you once I'm through."