Chapter Seven: My First Morning Wood

“You know you had me sitting here for almost twenty minutes." Britton sighed dramatically as she stood up from my porch.

"I see your stalking me now." I joked as I opened the front door.

"No I'm not stalking I am just very eager to learn more French." She stated as she walked behind me, following me to my room. I walked into my room and put my bible on my night stand, and took off my jean jacket.

"Really?" I asked not really believing her. I mean whenever I try to teach her, we end up talking about something else or she sits there and stares at the wall daydreaming.

"Oui Oui, monsieur." She smirked as she laid herself on my bed. I’m not sure if this has ever occurred to you but Britton half the time, makes me uncomfortable. Not for the way she acts or talks, just the way she shows affection. I mean I like it when she’s around but I think it's because I've never had anyone around me like that. She's very out there and I'm...not. Even with Gretchen. Just Gretchen came off, or comes off, as very arrogant and annoying. I mean I know Britton says what she feels but only when someone gives her a reason too. Gretchen does it for a reason only god can explain because I can't. "So what's on the agenda for today?"

"Nothing. Your tutor session is canceled for today, on the count of-"

"You’re totally turned on by me and want me in this bed in a different way." She joked, with a smirk.

"No, as in I'm going to be hearing girls talk all night long and I can't leave my room. So since you’re a girl too, I don’t wanna hear you either." I joked.

"Hey."

"Hay is for horse."

"Whatever." She scoffed jokingly. "What time are they coming over?" She asked me.

"At six." I told her, as a knock came to the door. I turned around and saw my mother come in. I watched her eye go from happy to shocked. I followed her gaze and saw Britton on my bed with her sweater off, she was wearing a thin T-shirt and shorts. "Hey mom what's up?"

"Um I just um I, sweetie aren't you a little early for the slumber party?" My mother asked Britton ignoring me.

"Oh I wasn't invited, I'm just here for my tutoring session with boy genius here." She smiled pointing at me.

"I can see why." My mother muttered to herself she didn't think I could hear her but I did loud and clear. I don't know why but what she said kinda ticked me off.

"So Uh mom, what did you need?" I asked her.

"Oh um I came to see if you were hungry but I can see you a little occupied." She said look at Britton up and down before look back at me making me mad at her disapproval. "I'll be down stairs if you need me." She said before closing my door, and walking away.

"Your mother really doesn't like me." Britton said shaking her head with small smile. I saw right through that, she was upset.

"She doesn't not like you, she just you know doesn't like new people." I shrugged.

"Right." She sighed rolling her eyes. "What are you teaching me today?"

"You’re not gonna pull another sexual reference are you?" I asked her.

"Does that make you uncomfortable?" She asked.

"Little bit yeah." I sighed shakingly.

"Then, most definitely." She smirked.

"Alright well, um let's start with more basics. Um sweater." I said picking her's up from my bed. "Pull. Like Pool-lay."

"Pull." She pronounced perfectly. I'm starting to think she doesn't really need my help.