Forty-One: Baby

got home from work around midnight, tired as ever. As I walked up the last step I took my keys out to my door. When I approach my door I spotted a shoe box sitting there.

What the hell?

I picked up the box and unlocked my door. I sat my keys on the table beside the door and closed the door locking it. I walked to my couch and turned on the TV as I sat down. The news came on something about our sad excuse of a "president" and he was talking about that stupid wall again.

I opened the box and there was a sonogram photo of a baby. That's not a weird gift at all. Maybe it was for the neighbors, and not me. I turned the sonogram over and on the back was a note, a post-it note. You + Me = Three.

What in the world?

I turned it back over and saw a name in the corner. Patient: Britton Morris, Baby Morris 8 Weeks.

Britton left two months ago; I'm not understanding why this would be left at my door now. I got up from my seat and went back to my door. I opened the door and basically ran across the hall. I knocked on the door and not even two seconds later Jordan opened the door. She immediately looked down at the shoe box and looked startled.

"Maybe she did cheat on you and that's the other guy's baby." She shrugged. "Or maybe coming from someone who has gone through this herself and you were there and help me. That's probably your baby too, and she was too scared to tell you. You need to talk to Britton Morris."

--------------

To find out more check out Unintentional for the whole chapter