Chapter Thirty-Six: ILY

A few months after graduation...

"Hey britton," I snickered to myself as she boxed up something from her dresser. She looked up at me, waiting for me to speaking. "What kind of computer sings?" I asked her.

"I don't know Justin. Please, do tell." She closing the drawer then looked at me.

"A dell." I said laughing way harder than I should. That is the funniest thing I have heard thus far. Britton just smiled a shook her head and moved on to the next drawer. "Oh come on that was hilarious."

"Yeah and it was hilarious when I told Jackie two years ago." She chuckled softly. As my laughter died down, Britton’s dad came into her room. "This is the last of it I promise." She told him. He shook his head and sat down on her desk.

Britton's dad flew in this morning with Jackie, and we have all been packing up her things. Russell and Ariel have been helping too. Well, Ariel was drawing picture of her and Britton with 'I miss you' written all over it. Russell and Raymond moved her bed and tv and other heavy items that took two people to do. Jackie was asleep on the couch down stairs. I moved a few boxes down stairs. It was all of her books, and frames, and other things she had lying around this messy room.

Jonah is feeling much better since his surgery, and so is Britton. And the fight we had about our fictitious baby, has been squashed. We agreed to disagree and if there is a baby and he/she just so happens to be deaf then we will cross that bridge when we come to it. No baby, no problems.

Britton and Jackie are going to be living on their own in a small house  a few minutes from campus. Jackie is Majoring in Advertising and Britton is going to be majoring in Interior Design. Remember when Nathan said he was going to UCLA to, well he still is. I know me to. Well he is studying Environmental Science. Also to add to the ‘the time to mess with Britton’ list, Gretchen is in the medical program. I mean thankfully the medical building isn’t in the same place as the art students. Because...yeah.

Marianna is going to Pepperdine University in Malibu, California for Social Services. And her family is moving back to Texas. And there’s me, little innocent Church Boy is going to NYU this fall for the Photography program. I'm excited yet nervous, but I think that's every college freshman.

I have seen pictures of my new dorm, which is actually a apartment building, one hole floor with for twenty students. So two to a room. We all get our own room and bathroom. That's possibly the exact reason why it cost nearly ten thousand dollars for me to do this summer program. Half for this and the other half the actual program.

"Okay is it empty now?" Raymond asked Britton as she closed the drawer, dropping a shirt in to the box that was labeled clothes. Britton nodded and took the roll of tape off of the dresser and kicked the box towards me. "Russell come on the dresser." Raymond shouted out the door.

Britton sat down on the floor and began taping the box. As she taped the box down I noticed she was wearing the bracelet I bought her for Christmas. This is the first time I've seen her wear it. She was wearing dark grey Nike pro shorts and a red spaghetti strap shirt and grey running shoes. "Okay last box and all that is left is my desk and my post it's." She told her dad. He nodded and Russell finally came in.

"You don't have to keep those if you don't want." I told her shaking my head. It's just French translation written in chicken scratch.

"I want them." She smiled. Russell and Raymond both grabbed the bottom of the dresser and carefully walked out of the room. I'm assuming they got down the stairs safely since I heard now bone or wood breaking. She picked a clear box up off the floor, and stood up. She walked over to the wall, and began taking the post it's off and sticking it to the inside of the box. There had to be at least a hundred if not more post its on the wall all of translations for her French class that she passed with flying colors. "I may change my mind and take something like the French revolution. With this I'm already one up against the others."