Chapter Twenty-Two: No, I Can't Take This

"And this is Britton and I, when we started high school. Don't we look cute and awkward?" Jackie giggled as she went through a slideshow of her and Britton through the years. "And this is me when I got my wisdom tooth taken out, Britton was kind enough to keep me company and take pictures. Oh god I was a hot mess."

"You're welcome." Britton smiled as she finally came back. Well finally she's been gone for like six hours. Okay technically it was an hour but it felt like six. Britton took a seat next to me since all the adults went their desperate ways. Ellie was laying on the couch sleep since her room was being used by Jazmyn at the moment.

"Hey Britton I was just showing them 'us throughout the years', from birth to high school." Jackie told her. "Ahhh, remember this?"

"Yes. The day you and Normani introduced me to Nathan. Thanks for ruining my life." Britton joked.

"Or I made it awesome." Jackie smirked. I think both Britton and I were questioning why. "I mean think about it if you didn't go through all 'stuff' you wouldn't've been sent to crappy, no offense, town of Dunsmuir to live with your sister and then you wouldn't have met your sexy Canadian white boy. De nada bebe." She said blowing her a kiss.

"You're an idiot Jackie and I love you." Britton laughed tiredly. What were she and my mother talking about?

"I love you too. Ohhh this is our first day of devil's boot camp. Of course Britton made it all the way through to the finale and won the Devil Girl Title." She explained going through the pictures of her and Britton in devil gear. And of course because god loves to tease me Britton was in shorts, again plus a sweatshirt. Jackie was wear the same. She wasn't a Devil Girl.

"If you were wearing the uniform, why aren't you a Devil Girl?" I asked her.

"Well Britton told me that I sucked at routines dances. She didn't say it in a mean way it more like 'honey (with a smile) you kinda suck at routine dancing, or dance numbers. But she said I was a fire a firecracker at freestyle." She frowned for a second. "I was mad at her for a day, but then I realized it was true when she tried to help me again."

"And that explains the uniform how?" Jaxon asked.

"Hold your horses, niño. I'm getting there." She said slapping his knee. "Since I was best friends with some on the Devil's Team. They were able to squeeze me a spot in, since the girl who did it previously before me was graduating, I took her place. So I became their clothing designer and music director. So I choose the music they dance to and I find outfits for them to wear during a performance. And at the same time I got to learn and practice more with the dancing."

"So it's your fault for my brother's wild wet dreams of Britton?" Jaxon teased me, again, for the tenth time tonight. "So is this place dry or no?" He asked me.

"Is there alcohol? He said. Don't worry I wouldn't have gotten that either, I just related to a wet or dry bar at wedding." Britton explained to me quickly.

"I think there's wine and champagne in here somewhere, and no." I told him.

"Like I care what you think." He said getting up to go in the kitchen, to look for the alcohol.

"So how old is your brother?" Jackie asked me.

"Twenty-two." I told her, as he came back in the room holding a bottle of wine in the air.

"Found it." He cheered.

"Can I have some?" Jackie asked Jaxon, and he nodded in response throwing paper cups at her.

"Look if you're going to drink, do it in the guest room please, and I don't wanna get blamed for your drunkenness mess." I told them. Jackie threw her phone to Britton, and followed Jaxon upstairs.