Chapter Eighteen: If He's Done, I'm Done..

"Hey, Marianna." I said walking over to the food table, after Britton left to go talk to the DJ about something. Marianna looked up at me mouthing yes. She's still trying not to talk. "Can you give this to Britton? I have to go home." I told her handing her Britton's phone. She then mouthed why.

"My mom needs me home, something about Ellie." I told her.

"Oh okay, I'll give it to her." She smiled. "Damn it. I was at ten dollars."

"I won't tell." I told her. "Bye Marianna." I said before leaving the school...

Britton's POV

"Do you know where Justin is, I haven't seen him in the last hour." I asked Lopez. He's never left and not say anything to me.

"Something was wrong with Ellie or something. His mom called him and told him to go home." Lopez told me. I hope she's okay, I should probably see if she's okay for myself. "Oh Justin forgot to give this back to you." She said giving me my phone. That's where it was, I forgot he took it.

"Um okay. Thank you look I'm gonna go and see if she's okay." I told her. "Do you want to go? I know she's your friend too."

"Yeah. But Britton to be quite honest I don't think anything's wrong with her." She told me. "For as long as I've known Ellie, she only tells someone she's sick, is if she knows she needs to go to the hospital."

"Justin lied?" I asked her. Why would he lie about his sister like that? "I'm still going over there. Maybe he thought it was serious, you know how his mom likes to over exaggerate about things." I told her as I put my phone in my bra.

"Okay then, I'll stay. Just tell me if she's okay." Lopez told me.

"Alright." I smiled politely before walking out the gym, I went straight to the car and made it to Justin's house in less than ten minutes. I got out of the car and made it to the front door and knocked. The door opened and revealed a much laid back looking Shepard. "Is she okay?" I asked Shepard, talking about Ellie.

"Is who okay?" He asked confused. "Ellie? She fine, well she is crazy I told her mother to not stand in front of the microwave when she was with Ellie."

"So Ellie's not sick, or hurt or anything?" I asked him.

"She's in her room if you want to speak to her." He smiled. "Britton are you okay?" He asked me, in a way my father would ask me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I told him, relaxing a little knowing that Ellie is okay. "Is Justin here? I need to speak to him." I asked.

"In his room." He smiled letting me in the house. "Make yourself at home." He told me as I began walking up the short stairs. I walked up to his door and knocked, after waiting a minute the door finally opened showing a sad looking Justin.

"I heard something was wrong with Ellie. So logically as her somewhat kinda friend flew over to see if she was bleeding to death or something. But no, I hear from her father that she is just fine." I told Justin as he sat back down on his bed. "Why did you lie?"

"I need a good excuse to get away from you?" He told me, with a pissed off look. I'm not gonna lie, that hurt worse than jamming your finger in a car door. "Don't look all sad okay you created this mess."

"I don't understand what you're talking about." I said honestly.

"First off, in the janitor's closet when you left. I felt a little bad because I thought it was because I forced you to do it. But that's not the case was it?" He interrogated. Damn it. "Then about twenty minutes later, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. But it was actually your phone, and you had a message from Nathan."