Chapter Four: Yeah, You'd Lose That Bet

"Nope I changed my mind take me back home." I told him as soon as I heard gospel rap playing.

"Do you really think they're going to play 2Chainz in here?" He asked rhetorically as he pulled me closer to the crowed of people.

"I was hoping." I groaned as we sat down in a blue soft chair.

"Relax its not the bad." He chuckled lightly, as a familiar blonde came over to us.

"Hi Justin." She smiled widely. "Oh hi Britton." She sighed with a flat expression.

"Be nice." He whispered to me. "Hi Gretchen. How are you today?" He asked. I could tell he wasn't really interested since he wasn't even looking at her.

"I had an awesome day, thank you. My mom and I went shopping at Charlotte Rouse, and had lunch at the cornerstone bakery."

"Sounds nice." He smiled politely, as some guy came on stage in jeans and a T-shirt. He was an old guy, well not walker and cane old but like early forties old. Still old. He picked up a microphone and everyone quieted down.

"What's up guys?" He announced.

"Oh my-" I was going to say oh my god, but I was stopped by someone hitting me in the back of my head.

"No bad mouthing the pastor." Justin whispered quietly.

"I wasn't bad mouthing. I was judging, there's a big difference." I nudged him.

"How are you guys tonight?" He asked us. Almost everyone in the group shouted "good", I just sat there quietly.

"I see a few new faces in the crowd. New people please stand." The pastor smiled as he instructed us. I looked around and saw a few people stand all happy and giddy. I just sat there, there was no way in hell that I was standing.

"Stand up." Justin instructed me.

"No." I said as I shrunk deeper into my seat.

"I'll tickle you." He threatened. As we continued to banter all of the other kids had stood up presented their names and sat down.

"You wouldn't dare." I snarled looking up at him. He raised his perfectly bushy eyebrows, and lifted his hand to my side. Before he could even make contact I jumped up out of my seat.

"Well someone's excited." The pastor chuckled along with everyone staring at me. I looked down at Justin, and saw him smirking in delight.

"I hate you." I whispered.

"Why don't you tell us your name sweetie?"

"Hey, Uh I'm Britton Morris. Nice to meet all of you." I waved awkwardly.

"That is a very unique name, I love it." He smiled looking at me, then to my left and saw Justin smirking again.

"My step son brought you here I see." He said smiling at Justin. "I bet you'll have the best time tonight."

"Yeah, you'd lose that bet." I whispered to myself, as I sat down. I guess a few people heard me since they began snickering.

"It wasn't that hard now was it?" He taunted.

"Before we began let's all bow our heads for prayer." He said bowing his head, just as everyone else did. I was the only one how had their head up that was until Justin grabbed the back of my head forcing my head down.

God I have never felt so out of place, in my life. Not even at my old school did I feel so out of place. At least I knew they were talking about me and I was in the loop. I don't even know how to pray, is it like a phone call but with your hands. Ugh please get me out of here. No offense God, or Jesus, Christ. Whoever listens to these messages?